“Good... But”

Ciao Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #1 of 217 Restaurants in Vista
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bonsall, California
“Good... But”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We've eaten here several times... Not had the same experience as most reviewers... Marco's a block away... Not as flashy is our favorite!

Visited October 2012

Mesa, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a great place”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Went due to a recommendation from our hotel. Went back the next night because it was soooo good. "Poolo" the manager, suggested wine and gave us some great travel tips for Italy. Say hello for us.

Visited July 2013
Carlsbad, California
“Excellent Italian place in Vista”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited Ciao's for lunch. I had the Rigatoni Boscaioli and my friend had the Ciao Special pizza. Both were excellent and the portions more than generous. The décor is not outstanding, but it's neat and clean and the staff is friendly and attentive. I'd say Ciao's is a hidden treasure. The prices are very reasonable and it's a very nice comfortable place for a good Italian meal. Their menu includes appetizers, salads, baked dishes (Lasagna, etc.), Risotto, Gnocchi, pasta dinners, chicken, veal and seafood dishes, pizzas and desserts. What more could you ask for?

• Visited July 2013
San Jose, California
“Fabulous meal, best Saltimbocca ever!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My dad, his girlfriend and I went here for dinner. It is not a fancy place but definitely not a dive either. Friendly attentive service with knowledgeable waiter who was very patient with my 90 year old dad who is a character. I had a glass of Mondavi cabernet and they each had an Italian Chianti. I ordered calamari fritti appetizer and it was fabulous. Crunchy outside, tender and moist inside. Came with lemon and ed sauce. We loved that. My dinner order was saltimbocca and it was the best i have ever had. The veal was very tender, the cheese melted perfectly over the prosciutto and the sauce was rich and velvety. Each mouthful was a pleasure with the texture and flavors perfectly melded. Finally we each had the quintessential Italian dessert- the cannoli. It was not greasy at all, stuffed fully and topped with whipped cream and maraschino cherries. Really a little over the top but delightful after a savory meal.

• Visited June 2013
Vista, California
“Best Italian in Vista”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

There's other places in North County that are good, but for my taste this one is best. Never had a bad meal

• Visited June 2013

Been to Ciao Ristorante Italiano? Share your experiences!