“Nice, quiet, clean, friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Member Rates
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Vista
Waco, Texas
“Nice, quiet, clean, friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

From the second we walked in the door, every single staff person was helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and quiet. (The pullout bed did bump up against the big bed, but it wasn't really a problem. Just a bit smallish.) The pool area and fitness center were nice and well-maintained. The Internet access was spotty, but free. (There's a Starbucks a few steps from the front door where the wi-fi was quite reliable.) We would definitely stay there again if we were in the area!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

This is a relatively new property and is clean and comfortable. We stayed in a "Studio Suite" which is basically a regular hotel room with a king bed, an sofa bed, and small kitchenette. The king bed was quite comfortable with a nightstand and plug-in on each side with an alarm clock/radio/iPod doc on one side. The sofa bed was just barely big enough for our two children, ages 11 and 9, and even though it was new it sagged a bit towards the middle. They were fine but it would not be big enough or comfortable enough for teenagers. We didn't use the kitchenette much but it was modern and functional.

Breakfast included six different types of cold cereal, granola, yogurt, oatmeal mix, milk, bananas, apples, muffins, English muffins with different types of jellies, a toaster (no waffles), some pre-packaged egg-and-sausage muffin breakfast sandwiches (that you put in the microwave) apple and orange juice, and a selection of coffee. You're not staying here for the breakfasts but it is really nice not to have to go shopping for simple breakfast food to start your day. This breakfast has all the basics that you'll need to get you going and there is a large flatscreen TV in the breakfast area.

The pool is heated but not "warm" and the hot tub is nice and toasty. The pool goes from about 3.5 feet on one end to 5 feet on the other and is compact but big enough to be fun.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. When we asked for some towels for the pool they promptly brought some down to the pool area (yes, we had to ask for towels for the pool since not many people are crazy enough to swim outside in late December I guess!) When we arrived at breakfast to find all of the cereal bowls had been taken they promptly brought out more. They gave me a choice of two or three open rooms when we checked in. I thought the staff was great.

We decided to stay in room near the middle of the hotel on the third (top) floor, away from the elevators and didn't really hear anyone else our entire stay. You could hear the occasional door closing in the hallway but no more or less than most other hotels you stay in. The room had a thermostat control that ran an under-the-window unit. It kept the room comfortable and we let it run all the time which may have masked some of the regular hotel noise.

There is a Starbucks, a Zardo Organic Pasta (great for lunch), and a taco restaurant just a few steps away. From here it's less than 10 minutes to LegoLand, and about 15 minutes to the beach. We found it to be a great place to stay and would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Overall this was a decent place to stay for our visit to Legoland (5 miles away). I would recommend if you don't want to hear doors slamming or other peoples feet pounding the floor to ask to be on the 1st floor. We were on the 2nd floor and could hear feet and doors slamming throughout our stay. They really need to better insulate the door to the room. The breakfast was fine, choices of cereal, oatmeal, hardboiled eggs, bagels etc.

Room Tip: 1st floor to avoid feet pounding the floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Lone Tree, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

The hotel has modern, nicely furnished rooms. Predictable, uninspiring breakfast. Nice pool. Friendly service.
Starbucks and a pizza/pasta restaurant (with gluten-free options) immediately opposite hotel. Other options close by.

Room Tip: We were in a two-bedroom suite at the end of a corridor. Great room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kmcmt
West Covina, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This trip was for Legoland, and this hotel is not far from Legoland at all. We stayed for one night and regret having to give up the coziness, comfort, and the amenities to head home the next day. The room was clean, warm decor, and no smelly odor of any kind. This is my first time staying at an "extended stay hotel", and I'm extremely please. The microwave and refrigerator were already there--I hate asking for those stuff. My family tends to pack our snacks, food, and drinks when going on short trips.

Room Tip: The clerk gave us a room near the elevator for convenience, but you have to put up with noise from f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I felt close to the other occupants in this hotel, so close, that I could hear my neighbor next to me brush their teeth and shower at 5:15AM. Then I heard the neighbor on the other side of me microwave his breakfast at 6:05AM. Bottom line, Marriott either revamped an old Extended Stay or poorly constructed their TownePlace Suites. It doesn't matter if they have updated wall paper if you can't sleep. Also, the wireless internet never worked during my stay. The signal varied from room to room, so I was hooked up with an ethernet chord. The staff was very nice and helpful, but things like these become frustrating when you travel every week. Next trip, I will happily forego my Marriott points to stay at the Hyatt Place two blocks South, where I've slept soundly and enjoyed a good business trip stay in the past.

Room Tip: I stayed on the top floor away from the elevators which didn't help with the noise reduction at...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
sanvitps, General Manager at TownePlace San Diego Carlsbad/Vista, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Good Morning Anne L.,

I am sorry to hear that you had troubles with hearing your neighbors and your WiFi connectivity during your recent stay with us.

Our hotel which is newly constructed from 2010 and up to the latest specs for the TownePlace Suites brand, has never experienced any concerns of there being a major problem with noise from one room to another. We all have varying degrees of sensitivity to noise and I am sorry we were not able to provide you with enough sound proofing in your room to receive the rest you needed.

Regarding the WiFi connection we have in the past month upgraded our wireless routers to send a stronger wireless signal throughout the hotel and I don't know if you stayed with us prior to this or not.

Ultimately I want to thank you for your feedback and rest assured that we continously strive to improving our guest experience and I apologize for not being able to do so in your case.

Next time you have travel plans to the area please feel free to call me directtly at the hotel for any assistance.

Best Regards,
Chris Johnson
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I was working in San Diego and was looking for a suite hotel near a gym and a Starbucks. This gym fit the bill.

The hotel looked to be new along with most of the development in the area. The staff is very friendly and efficient. Check-in process went well.

There is a Starbucks just on the other side of the parking lot that is open at 4:30 AM. Nice for me as I was staying on east coast time. In addition there is a great 24 hour gym (1265 Laurel Tree Lane Suite 100 Carlsbad, CA 92011) nearby that only charged $30 for the week.

I was getting up early (2 AM) so the commune to La Jolla took about 20-30 minutes, but if you leave later expect it to be at least double that time.

This hotel does serve hard boiled eggs as part of the free breakfast.

The laundry room was large and the machines that I used were working fine. They also having a vending machine for laundry supplies in the launder room do you do not have to go to the front desk.

The hotel also has a nice small pool area.

I hope you find this review helpful.

Room Tip: To be close to the laundry, gym and pool, choose a room to the left of the building as you face it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank seeyouinthesun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vista
Hyatt Place San Diego/Vista-Carlsbad
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Diego Carlsbad
West Inn & Suites Carlsbad
Residence Inn San Diego North/San Marcos
Courtyard San Diego Carlsbad/McClellan-Palomar Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carlsbad-North San Diego County

Been to TownePlace San Diego Carlsbad/Vista? Share your experiences!