“love that bbq”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Famous Dave's - CLOSED

Famous Dave's
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Litchfield Park, Arizona
“love that bbq”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

I'd never been there before but heard it was great. I met relatives there and had a terrific lunch of Texas beef brisket. It was so tender, I'm surprised it didn't fall apart cutting it. The sauce was delicious as was the side of potato salad and Stone IPA to wash it all down.

• Visited December 2013

Vista, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best BBQ EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

When my husband and I think of the best BBQ, it is always Famous Daves! The people are always nice, and the food is beyond excellent! I have to say that the food is so rich that we only eat there about 4-6 times a year... It is so delicious, you almost always eat more than you should and spend the next few days wishing you hadn't. I will say I did think their wine was a little expensive. $8.50 for one glass of Woodbridge, which for another 49cents, you could buy a 2 liter bottle at Costco.

• Visited September 2013
San Diego, California
“Just ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We decided to eat here after spending the day at the Wave Waterpark. This place has your normal BBQ fare. The menu did hve a lot to offer and I settled on the pulled chicken sandwich memphis style so it included coleslaw on top. I ordered the garlic mashed potatoes as my side dish

The service was fine and their sauce offerings were good. The food was just ok. The bun was sort of stale and my mashed potatoes were just disgusting. They were pasty and flavorless. Two other people with me got mashed potatoes and they all said the same thing.

I probably won't go back to this place. If in the area again I would probably go to Chili's or someplace else.

Visited July 2013
Los Angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really good BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I had a really great dinner at Famous Dave's . I had the shredded chicken sandwich and he had a slab of ribs. Both were delicious. I love their corn bread! We had great service too! Wish this restaurant was closer to home. I'd eat here once a week!

• Visited July 2013
Carlsbad, California, United States
“Exactly what my tummy wanted!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Had a hankering for BBQ so my husband and I went to Famous Dave's. We have been here before and have always had a good dinner but last night's visit was EXCELLENT! The ribs were perfect and the service was great! I always have fun trying all the sauces on the table. Wilbur's Revenge is no joke! Fyi.....but it sure was yummy! And those pickles! I don't even like bread & butter pickles! I always leave with a doggie bag. Minus those pickles. Never any left! :)

• Visited May 2013