“Great Outdoor Theatre !” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 29 things to do in Vista
Oceanside, California
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Great Outdoor Theatre !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

This place is a hidden jewel! We went and saw the production of "The Who - Tommy" and loved the seating and everything about this outdoor theatre. The stage is large, new and in excellent condition and the acoustic were great for outdoors. We are looking forward to going to another show at this venue. Highly recommend this venue to others.

Visited September 2013

Vista, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Date night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This place was so cool. We will be back! We had a picnic dinner while watching a wonderful show! A fantastic gem of Vista!

Visited October 2013
Poway, California
3 attraction reviews
“Outdoor Shows”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

The permanet seating can be expensive. Go early and get lawn seating in the seating area rather than on the hill. Handicap parking is limited. Shows are usually very good and enjoyable.

Visited July 2013
Vista
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“The best kept secret around - I don't say that lightly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

O.K. I LIVE in Vista. I have since 1986. SAD to say it took me until about 2006 to get into the Moonlight to see a show. We even have a family of theater people and but we still had not gone. What will you find?? An amazing stage and sound system...you will find excellently directed productions (typically 4 from Spring to Fall) and the cast is top notch. They even have Actors Equity members typically in lead roles.

What else is cool?? They have a rolling lawn section (yes you can see the stage) and THEY give you the chairs!~ You get to bring your own food and many people in the know bring a gourmet meal to share with their friends. They do have a nice restaurant if you forget your food which also has beer and wine. You may not bring in your own beer and wine but other beverages are welcome. Every time I have invited someone to a production at the Moonlight they can't even believe they have never heard of it and definitely come again.

Definitely make sure to take a summer night and relax at the Moonlight..you will NOT regret it!!

Oh... lawn seats are about 25.00 - these types of productions are easily worth 3 times that.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank PrincessWildhair
“Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This reminds me of my life and were I grew up in the morning and evening. The thing I love most of all is the green grass. ☆★☆