“Delicious and different”

Cuisines: Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 30, 2013

La Paloma is excellent. You will love the very unique menu. So many different and unusual dinner choices. I had the shrimp enchiladas and my friend had the lobster enchiladas. Both were excellent. Expect to pay more than the usual Mexican food and is well worth it. Staff was great! Beer was cold! The only thing I wasn't crazy about where the chips which I can do without. It is worth a try.

2  Thank lkelly8

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We eat here every chance we get. I love their chili rellenos and Mexican paella. The drinks are good, especially their margaritas. The atmosphere is casual and you can call in for pick up.
The patio is so nice in the summer and my fiance and I will be having our wedding there next year!

1  Thank Kate S
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Ostrich burritos, butternut squash enchiladas. Yum!!! Never had a bad meal her but stray from the norm and your tastvyds will thank you. In nice weather ask for patio seating lovely view and very relaxing.

1  Thank ConVivo
Reviewed July 9, 2012

La Paloma has been in Vista for many years. It is next to a park and has lovely outside dining available which is accessible only through the restaurant. There is a very large selection of dishes. My only suggestion is that they add more seasoning. I found the guacamole quite good but it could use a little more salsa seasoning. The same thing goes for the enchilada sauce. A bit more seasoning would make it that much better. We will definitely return.

1  Thank ChristimarieSanDiego
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Despite only 3 tables in restaurant, had to track down our waiter several times. With the huge menu, we knew there was no way the food could be fresh and well-prepared and sure enough, was only fair. Same went for mis-matched chairs and tables. Keep looking!

1  Thank John F