Spent two nights using Marriott Rewards points. I spent all day in Sequoia National park, so the hotel was pretty much just a place to sleep, the closest place I could get with points. The hotel was great - the room was clean, the bed comfortable. The shower was clean and roomy, the shower had good pressure and a high enough shower head. TV was an HD Flat Panel with a decent selection of channels.
One quibble - unlike some places, there was no free printing in the business center - but there is a sign telling you to come to the desk if you need to print a file.
*The staff was extremely courteous and friendly - as nice as any place I have ever been.
*There was ample free parking,
* The area is a bit dead on a weekend night, but there are several restaurants (and a Starbucks) a couple of blocks north, in an "Old Town" type area.
*There is also a little shop in the hotel itself for snacks and drinks.
* It is a bit far from the park,. Three Rivers is more convenient, but it is a very good hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Equipped with a myriad of reasons to appreciate the charming Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center. Located at the gateway to Sequoia National Park, we are the top choice among Visalia hotels. Choose our hotel to explore the San Joaquin Valley along with King's Canyon, Crystal Cave, and Lake Kaweah. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Visalia Hotel Visalia
- Visalia Marriott