“Best place in Visalia”

Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Houston
“Best place in Visalia”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This hotel is more than your average Marriott. The personnel are very helpful and go an extra mile to help out. The Concierge floor is the best option and the Concierge lounge personnel are very friendly and helpful. Margo in room service provides better service than any other Marriott. Best place to stay in Visalia.

Room Tip: Concierge floor is a must.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SBF2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is the best hotel in Visalia. I live in Visalia, so I should know.

My wife and I needed a night out of the house and this is the place we picked. It gets pretty busy when a conference is in town, so keep an eye out for that if you are looking for peace and quiet.

The hotel is clean. The staff is friendly and helpful. If we ever have business associates coming into town, this is the place I send them. Can't go wrong.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
San Diego
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We really like how close this Marriott is to the storefronts and main street in Visalia. There are some good restaurants not far away. The staff here is very nice and the lobby is really pretty. They have a concierge during the week but on the wkkds a Marriott gold member pays for breakfast if I remember right. We will see soon if that is true of a platinum member. They are pet friendly. The rooms are not big and the view is nothing much, but we still like staying here. They have a pool, fitness room and a business center-but have free internet. It is also a good place for families to stay on their way to/from Sequoia. The breakfast buffet is good, but a bit pricey.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business and found it to be pretty nice. The staff was friendly, the lobby was nice, the room was nice. I felt it was spacious. We were on the club floor so the microwave and fridge were nice. Room set up to conduct business easily - easy to access internet, phone, etc.... Only complaint about the room really is that the mattresses were not that impressive - kind of "tacoed" you in the middle.

I used the laundry facilities. They have nice front load washing machines/dryers, but the washing machines need to be cleaned - smelled of and had mildew around the edges (this is from people closing the doors and not allowing them to dry out). Would be good for the staff to check on this periodically and ensure they are cleaner. It did not stop me from using them though.

The club lounge is pretty nice. The nightly snacks were not bad. The breakfasts were very good. It was nice to have access to small bottles of water and Starbucks coffee/cocoa.

Overall nice stay. Would stay again.

Room Tip: I was on the club floor but it was due to the rest of the hotel being booked. It was a nice extra t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband has been working in the nearby area on and off for the past year and will only stay at the Merriott in Visalia. Everyone you encounter from the door man to the maids to the room service waitress (Marge I think) is wonderful. I went to visit with our three children and we were spoke to like family to all the staff. The pool and workout rooms are clean, the laundry is free, and the water in the lobby is always fresh with lemons or limes or grapefruit.
The food in the restaurant was wonderful and the staff was kind and made us feel very welcome (my daughter sneezed once and the lovely staff brought us a box of tissues). Room service is equally great. The bread pudding is addictive so unless you want to order it every night save it for your last night.
Our room was always kept clean and they noticed that my children had arrived and with out us asking put more cups and towels in the rooms (it's the attention to detail) and when we weren't quite ready to have the room made up one morning she asked when we would like her to come back.
We had one slightly unpleasant experience with the parking but once we voiced our concerns it was taken care of immediately.
The Hotel is close to wonderful shops and restaurants in downtown Visalia and drive an hour and you can be standing next to the largest tree in the world or playing in a river. Oh and make sure you get a bag of Cara Cara oranges to take home with you!

Room Tip: Get a room on the 7th floor facing the convention center for the best views.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Slasko
Santa Clara, CA
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The check in staff was great, very helpful! Facility is clean.

The room is average size and some of the edges of the walls are coming apart.
Mattresses are not comfortable at all. They tried to pad it with extra mattress padding, but the problem is the cheap mattress, not really up to the Marriott standard I've encountered elsewhere.

Our first night of sleep was so so, given we checked in almost at midnight and were so dead tired we did not care about much. However, the 2nd night was awful due to the what seemed to be "jackhammer" noises coming from within the walls next to my bed. Each time someone uses the plumbing, the noise would start up. This happened at 3 am, then at 6 am, again at 9 am, and at 10am. I called to front desk to complain and was compensated with a free in room service breakfast and free internet for the 2 nights we stayed.

The check out process was very long due to the fact the front desk clerk, Sarah, did not know how to reverse the charges and then the sales manager, Christina, did not know either. I had to wait until Andrea (who was the only one who knew how to reverse the charges properly) to finish with her guest, which was a big group, before helping me. I waited almost 20 minutes...frustrating!!!!

Will I stay here again??? Probably not. I don't need jackhammer noises and a long wait to check out, that's for sure!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if the room has no plumbing problem in the walls, especially room 716!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chico, California, United States
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great Marriott property. Excellent customer service. Convenient walking location to downtown restaurants. As an Elite Marriott member, access to a terrific concierge lounge with full breakfast and full evening apps. On-site restaurant continually goes thru transitions: elegant or casual? Not always consistent. I've stayed here numerous times and it is one of my favorite Marriotts.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business