“Nice hotel, don't have dinner at the "restaurant"”

Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel is fine. Plenty of parking, friendly staff, nice rooms. But don't try to have dinner there. They have some kind of a "restaurant", but it's only open for breakfast and lunch. If you want dinner, they serve it in the bar. And my dinner was terrible. They have a Steak and Lobster special on Wednesdays. $25.00. Salad extra. And the salad was good - i recommend it. But the dinner was barely warm. I sent it back. I got a new dish, barely warm. So i refused it too and it was taken off my tab, with an offer for a desert. The Manager was obviously used to this. With a bad dinner, had no interest in desert. Dinner is certainly an afterthought here. If there is a chef, which I doubt, maybe he should try working at Carl's Jr. to expand his experience and resume.

Room Tip: Away from elevators and ice machines.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center

Reviewed January 23, 2013

When our plans for a three day getaway fell through we opted to stay the night in town. It was great. Everything is close to downtown. Walking distance to restaurants and nightlife was perfect to let us relax and 'getaway'.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff. Clean room, comfortable beds. Close walk to downtown, close to the freeway. We would definely stay here again. We were herein business did not know the area, the staff helped find things for us to do.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Tagging along with my husband on business to Visalia,ca I truly had very minimal expectations of finding a hotel that was of decent quality and comfort in this rural part of california. I was pleasantly surprised to find a Marriott that was conveniently located in downtown Visalia, within miles of everything. The accommodations were consistent with a four star Marriott in much larger cities. Rooms had been upgraded with granite countertops and modern decor. The staff service was top notch,very. accommodating and pleasant. In particular, the front desk and bar staff went out of there way to ensure I was comfortable. Overall a great place to stay in Visalia.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very war and friendly near the hospital and downtown. Free parking for guests. Nice pool. Room service was quick and offered me a good selection of options for a light, late dinner. Front desk gave me good information about the parks in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Very nice accommodations! Enjoyed lounging in the bar with friends, service was excellent. The room had some real nice amenities. Particularly liked the number of outlets to charge cell phones, I-pad, etc. Also really liked the overhead light so that I could read in bed without disturbing my mate. Location is very good with lots of shops nearby in the downtown area. This was the first time I've stayed anywhere that the in-room coffee was drinkable! Will come back to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was our first stay at Marriott Visalia. After a long drive in the rain we arrived very late at night. The young man at the front desk, realizing we were very tired, checked us in quickly and in a room far from the elevator and ice machines or anything else that would disturb our sleep. I greatly appreciated the consideration. The room was comfortable and clean. We we did venture out the next day we really liked the location. The hotel was in walking distance to many shops and restaurants. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
Lamp Liter Inn
Lamp Liter Inn
#5 of 14 in Visalia
Best Western Exeter Inn & Suites

Been to Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!