“Comfortable and quiet.”

Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Great bed. Quiet room Blackout curtains. What more do you need for a great hotel room? Oh yeah--the view. No view. Not much to do in Visalia. I was there for a dog show in the area or wouldn't go to Visalia. But I liked this hotel/my room so much that I considered staying an extra night just to relax before a long drive home. Coming from me that says a lot. i am extremely finicky about hotel rooms. I would absolutely stay here again if I find myself in Visalia.

Pool was heated and nice size. Not overchlorinated like so many hotel pools.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Lovefur

Reviewed March 16, 2011

I have been staying at this Marriott for the past 3 months almost on a weekly basis. Last night, I woke in the middle of the night to find a bed bug on my covers. I was moved to another room at 2:30 am, however, I was extremely disappointed to find out that because the "technician" couldn't find the bed bug(s) the next day, that they were not going to treat the room! Can you believe this! This Marriott would prefer to house bed bugs and loose the income of a loyal customer. Please educate yourselves!!!!! The room that was positively identified to have a bed bug was room 730. I will absolutely not stay at this Marriott again and if you know anything about bed bugs, it's not wise to stay at a location that won't treat an infestation. One bed bug constitutes an infestation. My only regret is that I didn't collect the bed bug in a glass and take a photo for proof.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank 33,611
VISMC, General Manager at Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2011

Dear Reviewer,

Please, understand we do not take these matters lightly, the health and safety of our guest is important to our team. After your departure our trained engineer inspected the room and found no evidence of bed bug activity. Further, to confirm our findings we requested our pest prevention company to respond and inspect the room. The service report from our pest prevention company is as follows; "Inspected room 730 for bedbugs and found no bedbugs or bedbug activity. There is no other service required for this room at this time. This room is ready for service."

Should you have any other questions or concerns, please contact our hotel directly. We do appreciate your choosing our Marriott hotel.

Reviewed March 15, 2011

This was an awesome trip, I stayed for 4 days for work. I spent a lot of time dining alone at the hotel bar. The bartenders were extremely pleasant and spent a lot of time making conversation during their slow time and worked diligently during faster times. The staff at the front desk was accommodating and kind. While breakfast was highly over-priced, the rest of the food was reasonable. The beds/bedding extremely comfortable, and having a balcony is very nice when the weather is so wonderful. I will definitely stay at this hotel when I return for work again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank emilee85
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I have stayed in this hotel a few times over the years. It was originally a Radisson hotel, and only recently converted to a Marriott. However, management has yet to renovate it.

The main issue my family and I had with this hotel was the fact that the windows were not securely fastened to the wall. This meant that we heard all of the traffic outside, and the freezing cold wind blew into the room all night long.

We were also told all beds had new Pillow-Top mattresses. Both my wife and I woke up feeling like we had been camping and sleeping on the ground.

If you are going to visit Visalia, and you like the Marriott name, I would suggest staying at the Marriott Fairfield.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank amedeau
Reviewed January 17, 2011

We stayed at the Visalia Marriott to attend a wedding. For the most part the stay was what you would expect in an older non-luxury Marriott, but there were some definite bright spots, especially the attentiveness of the staff. Our room was as we requested, on a high floor with extra towels, feather pillows and a small fridge. The main desk was helpful with dining suggestions outside the hotel and even told us where we could buy wine whe we got back after the bar had closed at 11:30. While waiting, they brought us water while we visited in the lobby.

The room was clean, but the bathroom floor tile is in poor shape. The bed was very comfortable, lots of comfy pillows. Lighting was pretty good for a hotel although the switches are in odd places, not where you would expect them. The room was quiet and we slept undisturbed.

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed November 1, 2010

The hotel was very clean, quiet, and the staff was very polite. Overall, it was really nice. I would have given it five stars, but for the price, I expected breakfast to be included. Instead they had a menu for their restraunt with outrageous prices!! Pancakes for $9.00!!!!! Give me a break! How much do pancakes cost to make.......? $2, $3? The food aspect was a total rip!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2010

This hotel is a Marrot hotel, but wherever I've been all over the world I found a different higher quality compared with it. The hotel seems to be little bit old, the staff was ok. The breakfast wasn't comprised in my fare and It was about 20 dollars. Maybe expensive. I dont know what you can get. If you're travelling with your friend it's a good place where to spend one night.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
#3 of 14 in Visalia
Holiday Inn Express - Visalia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Visalia/Sequoia Gateway
Best Western Exeter Inn & Suites

Been to Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center? Share your experiences!