WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Econo Lodge Sequoia Area

Econo Lodge Sequoia Area
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Visalia
Dusseldorf, Germany
“What a pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed at the Visalia Econolodge the night before visiting Sequoia National Park. And what a nice surprise...both the pleasant town of Visalia and the Econolodge. My room was spaceous and spotless. It had a fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, plenty of electrical outlets for chargers and my computer. AC was a bit noisy, but I slept right through it, since the bed was very comfortable. Shower nozzle was so low, only midgets could use it comfortably, but that's about the only negative aspect of the experience. Breakfast was good...especially the waffles. But plenty of restaurants are located on Mooney Blvd. for breakfast lunch or dinner. I'd definitely stay again at the Econolodge.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank hallomainz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I slept very good the room was very clean no smell.service was good showers are great if your body is very tense
The shower there could help you I felt so relaxed after showering the pressure temp. Perfect This place has come a far way from were
It was a few years ago.Very nice and clean.

• Stayed April 2012
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed here on our way to visit Sequoia National park. It was about $10 more expensive that other places we had stayed in on our trip but the rooms were lovely and roomy and the beds were Sealy beds and very very comfy.

Breakfast is great as It includes waffless (you make them yourself) toast, muffins and scrolls.

Not a bad place is you are passing through for the night.

Room Tip: Not bad however there is nothing to do in Visalia.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

My second stay. Couldn't have been better. Had a spacious room, coffee, microwave, fridge, spotless room, pool. Easy free wireless, work area desk. Quiet, parked six feet from the room. I find it hard to believe some of the other downer comments.

Two weeks ago I stayed at the Paris Hilton in a $600 room. My room here was larger, bed a queen size not a double size, free WiFi not 20 euros! Well, OK Visalia in not Paris, but you get my point.

I didn't try the breakfast as I had a great breakfast two blocks south at IHOP.

Stayed April 2012
Yucaipa, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed one night here after having a bad experience at another motel. What a difference!

I could see that employees were busy trying to make the place better. The lobby was clean and smelled good, as did the room. This place isn't perfect, but it's nice and the staff treats you like you're welcomed and appreciated. I will be back and forth on business over the next few weeks and will stay here. In fact, I will stay here anytime I have business in this area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

Midwest USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Visalia for World Ag Expo in February, 2012. Our company's travel manager screwed up and this was the last hotel available in town. There's a good reason everyone else avoided this place. The single word to describe the property is "dump". The hotel is a motel with individual entry doors for each room. My room was surrounded with old lamps and toilets from rooms being renovated.

The room itself was old and worn. The bed linens were scratchy and I think I could actually see through the towels. The lights in the bathroom and sink (they're separate areas) have these funky auto-on features. Supposedly, they should save energy by turning off when nobody is in the room. The thing was, if you moved sufficiently, the lights would turn on. I got up in the middle of the night and inadvertently turned all the lights on in the room. Crazy.

The breakfast is an offering of fat-laden danish or cold cereal. You can choose from Frosted Flakes or Fruit Loops. Sometimes they had yogurt, but get there early. They only put a few out and when they were gone, they're gone. The only healthy breakfast food was fruit.

Service was OK - the front desk help also took care of the breakfast area, but they generally kept to themselves. My room card failed about 2 days into my stay and the front desk attendant changed it without problems. I didn't interact with them otherwise.

The property is located in a rough area of town. A gun shop is across the street and most of the properties in the areas sport bars across the windows and doors. Not the most welcoming area.

If I had to, I'd stay at the Econo Lodge again. But only if I HAD to.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RuningMan1

Travelers are raving about these Visalia hotels

Eastern NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

On my recent trip to the West, I visited Kings Canyon/Sequoia National Park. Since I travel on an extremely limited budget, I look for places in the $70-$80 range. I had to drive to Visalia, a good sized town about an hour away from Kings Canyon, to find accomodations that fit the bill. I decided on Econo Lodge because of their reputation, and ease of finding it in the town. When I checked in, the front desk person was very nice and helpful. The room was large and clean, and the bed was comfortable. There is a small pool on the premises that several families were using. There are restaurants nearby, if you wish to eat out, but I travel with a cooler and food. The only problem that I had was that I asked for, and got a ground floor room; however, the family above me had a small child that constantly was jumping and banging. I tried to go to bed at about 10pm, but the thumping and banging continued until 11pm when I called the manager to ask that she get the people to settle the child down. She didn't seem anxious to comply with my request, but said that she would; however, the banging and thumping continued until well after midnight, and started up again before 6am. Needless to say, I didn't get a good night's sleep. The "breakfast" the next morning was not what I wanted, so moved along to someplace else.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo