WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Motel 6 Visalia

Motel 6 Visalia
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Visalia
California City, California
“Does not honor Veterans, Disabled, or AARP”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

I called the desk directly in the early afternoon asking for a specific type of room. I was told that there was such a room available, in fact, there were several available. I wanted to reserve one with a credit card and was told it would not be necessary, especially since I was checking in just after 3:00 p.m. I arrived at about 3:20 p.m. and walked with a cane and wore my Army cap when I entered the lobby. I presented my AARP Card. I was told my AARP Card was expired. I knew it was about to expire and my new one was on my desk at home. I was then told that the only rooms like I was requesting were upstairs. None downstairs. I asked the clerk if she was the one I spoke to on the phone and she said she was not as she just started her shift at 3:00 p.m. I could have taken a room almost like I wanted and downstairs, that was available. However, I'm stuck on principle. I don't like being lied to. Period. I don't lie. If I did I would lose business. Well, Visalia lost business to Tulare. I won't be shopping in Visalia or eating in Visalia. All because someone felt they had to lie. Well, when I got to my motel in Tulare I realized that my AARP card did NOT expire until the end of June! So long Visalia!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tulare, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Room was nice and updated but guests up above were so rude and in considerate. Walking all night long, smoking pot thru out all hours of the days. Showers were so loud you can hear them from 3 doors down. Maids were very inconsiderate also. She was cleaning next door and slamming the door back and forth to the wall as she was sweeping and mopping. You can tell that they stereotype their guests as to where they put them. One side had all workers, middle had 1 night stayers and the 3rd side had all the ones who were staying the week and drug dealers. I definetly won't be staying here again or even recommending it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank alberson1
Sun City, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

This motel is not even one star. Beware of this dirty, noisy, unsafe place. I've been in many Motel 6's and this one is below the standard of most Motel 6's. The exterior of this motel looks okay, but not the inside. The sheets are very worn and skimpy. There are bugs that come out at night. The towels are beyond old. The front desk is not accommodating if you are traveling with dogs. We asked to move to a quieter area of the motel, but were told that dogs were not allowed in the quiet area?:?:?:?: To top off everything, we were given a room that the lock didn't operate correctly so when we came back to the room, we found the door was unlocked. We were by the vending machines, so it was noisy in front of the room and also upstairs over our heads until around 1 p.m.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Visalia hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is definitely a basic room, but it was clean and comfy for the price. I was excited to see the rooms had hardwood floors; no mystery stains or trapped odors to deal with. But after listening to the people upstairs walking around all night, I was wishing for carpeting. If you go, stay in an upstairs room. Lots of truck parking and a clean, nice sized outdoor pool. All in all, a good value.

• Stayed August 2013
Port Orchard, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

stayed there room 118 july 28 2013 the ac does not work,bathroom has ants, holes in wall,stained torn bed sheets,beds with springs coming out,pee smell coming from ac,mice in walls,the tv was from 1982,turn off the lights and roaches started coming out of holes in bathroom walls leave bathroom fan on if you dont all the hot air and bathroom smell will go in your room this is the worst place i have ever stayed and i was born in visalia and lived there for thirty years they should tear this place down

Room Tip: dont stay here you will regret it
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank 117315
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Visalia, responded to this review, August 4, 2013
Dear 117315 - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize for the bedding conditions, maintenance, comfort and pest issues you encountered during your stay; these conditions are certainly not consistent with our quality standards at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel is a Motel 6, so really you can't expect that much. It's a basic room. Actually, for a Motel 6, this place was pretty nice by "1 star standards". I was expecting a dump and I was surprised to see the nicest Motel 6 I've ever stayed in. And oh boy have I been in some gross Motel 6's! It was clean and my room was pretty spacious, with a walk in closet. The first room they tried to give me was just in front of the stairs, as a professional travel I know this to be the loudest and busiest area so I requested a different room. Angela, the women at the front desk was accommodating and changed my room to a quite corner room. She was very nice. The lady in the morning was very friendly as well. I was so happy with my room I actually stayed a second night. I think maybe the other negative reviewers have never stayed in a Motel 6 before or they would see this is actually one of the nicer ones. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay here if you want to save a buck and don't need anything fancy. Its a nicer Motel 6, and the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Why do motels insist on putting mini-fridges and microwaves in the rooms? Don't they know that these "amenities" infuse the rooms with noxious odors and guarantee insect infestations?

Evidently, the answer to both of these questions is no, because the mini-fridge and microwave came complete with my room at the Motel 6 in Visalia The room was also filled with the godless stench and ant infestation which always seem to accompany these devices.

I don't expect the Ritz-Carlton when I check into a Motel 6. However, I do expect a basic level of sanitation. Not only was my room infested with ants, the carpet was also disgusting. In fact, I was so disturbed by the carpet that I refused to walk on it in my bare feet. You known you've reached a low point in motel stays when you have to pad around the room in sandals just to feel semi-clean.

To be honest, just thinking about my room at Visalia's Motel 6 makes me want to wretch.

On the plus side, the free WiFi speed was excellent.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo