Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Visalia
$121
$107
Hampton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

Lamp Liter Inn(Visalia)(Great Value!)
$80
$127
HIExpress.com
Majestic Inn(Visalia)
$88
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I made a point of taking a "virtual tour" of this motel before I made our reservations. The virtual tour is very deceptive. Expecting a modern and clean motel we were very disappointed when we arrived to find it somewhat run down, rooms totally unlike the virtual tour, shabby and without amenities expected. One of the double beds was precariously perched on a single bed boxspring. There was a constant sewer odor emanating from the bathtub drain. We purposely booked this motel because it advertised a continental breakfast - what a joke - coffee & packaged pastries!!! We ended up having to go out for breakfast which cost us over $50.00/day for 5 of us. I was very embarassed as I had booked my sister and brother-in-law from Canada a room as well. It should be against the law for motels to show a virtual tour of a decent motel and when guests arrive find totally unacceptable accomodations. The Visalia Chamber of Commerce should be ashamed to list this motel in their publication. The only acceptable thing about this whole stay was the friendly and helpful daytime employee.

Room Tip: do not rely on their Virtual Tour
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Geri H
AKPatel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Hotel Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

We apologize for your disappointment with your stay here at the America's Best Value Inn. Since your stay there have been some upgrading and changes made to improve the property and its guest rooms. I hope that in the future you do consider us again when in the area.

Thank you for your review as every review is an opportunity to make improvements.

Best Regards,

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Needed somewhere to sleep in Visalia and found this. Nothing special but nothing wrong with it either really. Although on main road wasn't noisy. Breakfast had wafflemaker which was a plus.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Disappointed Guest,

I am the new manager here at the America's Best Value Inn in Visalia and have had an opportunity to look at the reviews posted regarding this property over the last year. I understand where your disappointments are and can assure all fellow travelers that this is not the case any longer. We have made upgrades to our guest rooms and made changes in the staff that will assure that reviews like this are in the past.

I appreciate your input even though it was 7 months ago, I still see it as an opportunity to improve our services and amenities. I hope that you also re-consider staying at our property again in the future as I know that you will have a different experience.

Thank you for your input..

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Walked into the room and the main light would not work. Reserved a single queen bed and got two queen beds. Upon turning the lights on in the bathroom, I discovered some sort of dried red liquid (possibly blood) all over the lights and wall. The tile in the bathroom was missing grout on the floor. The bathroom wall had some sort of dried substance near the toilet. Went to bed and discovered that every 45 minutes during the night the bathroom light and loud fan would turn on automatically. The sheets on the bed did not cover the entire bed as the maid placed them on sideways for some reason. The feet of the bed had no sheet and the pad was showing. The wall paper was comming off the walls, and the carpet was sticky as if it had not ever been cleaned. Went to the "lobby" for the breakfast and discovered a pot of coffee and six mini store bought blue berry muffins. I am not a picky traveler, but please..... this is one of the worst motels I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Choose a room not at this complex.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank John J

Dear Guest,

I apologize for your experience here at our property. I am the new manager here at the America's Best Value Inn and hope to be successful at turning around the opinion of travelers like yourself who are looking for value and good accommodations when on the road.

We have made upgrades in our guest rooms, our breakfast offerings and in our staff performance and hope that you re-consider us when in this area again.

Thank you for the review as we see every review as an opportunity to improve our services and accommodations.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed here two nites when it was in the 100's during the day while visiting King Canyon Nat'l Park. The parking is tight as mentioned in other reviews but our Prius had no problems. We were assigned a room before checkin time which was great as the motel was full when we returned from the Park. The air had been left "on" so it was nice and cool. The amenities of the room aren't that great. Bed was ok. TV was old and snowy. We had a mini-fridge and microwave which were nice to have. They had a special "end of summer" sale on the rooms so the price was great - under $50. Continental breakfast was poor and the coffee not good at all. Altho the proprietess was somewhat reserved, the proprietor was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: 2nd floor near the stairs room has fridge & microwave.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Arrived half an hour early for the 1pm check in, so went for a wander for a half hour came back and room still wasn't done.... repeat until 3pm! However, aside from being a little disorganised at the start the staff were friendly and helpful.

Room looked a little tired but was spacious and clean, bed was comfortable with lovely big fluffy pillows. Internet connection was good. Did not take advantage of breakfast so can not comment on that.

Would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo