“Comfortable Hotel, Good Location, Unfriendly Staff”
Review of Wyndham Visalia

Wyndham Visalia
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
San Francisco, California
“Comfortable Hotel, Good Location, Unfriendly Staff”
Reviewed September 14, 2009

It has the facilities and the comfort of a Holiday Inn hotel, and the location is ideal for people visiting the Sequoia National Park, which is about 45min drive. It’s near the airport and is located off the highway, but our room, which actually faced the highway was surprisingly quiet.

However, there isn’t any restaurants or shops near by; so, you will need a car. The hotel does provide a shuttle to the park, and the center of Visalia is only 10 min drive.

The only downside was the staff, and the level of service is not like other Holiday Inn hotels. Throughout the weekend, every time we’d approached the front desk, there wasn’t anyone there, and when someone did finally show up, the receptionist acted as if we were bothering her.

All in all, it’s a good hotel if you want to stay near Visalia, as it will give you more options in restaurants and shops than the park.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank gl0betrotter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
SF Bay Area
Reviewed September 6, 2009

I am from the Bay Area with many relatives in the Visalia area, I have stayed at the Holiday Inn many times. Unfortunately, in recent years the security and safety of this hotel has gone downhill. I am sad to say that the last two times I have been here some things have happened and they were never mentioned in the papers. These incidents were not minor either. This weekend something was reported in the local papers and I believe its only because the person involved was a guest that was easily identified. I no longer patronize this hotel and choose to stay with relatives instead. The safety of my children is far more important to me than a heated pool.

Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Wilkes-Barre, PA
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Staying at the Holiday INN Convention Center. This property is in need of update. There is one working elevator, my room does not have a number on the door--just have to figure it out by the neighboring rooms! there is an old Tv, no refrigerator and a great view of the roof! Wouldn't do this again...

Southern California
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I had enough Priority Club points for 2 free nights. I booked them using these points. When I got to the hotel I noticed my Suite was at the far end of the hotel, a corner room. Normally this is an ideal location. Well, when I got in the room it seemed fine until I turned the A/C on. It never cooled. The thermostat read 65 degrees. I know 65 degrees. It was so warm inside the room that I went to the bar to give the A/C unit time to cool. Finally, before I went to bed I called the front desk to have someone look at the A/C unit. Someone did look at it but it only got cool for about 30 minutes or so and then it went back to just blowing warm air from outside. I was so tired that I just kept hoping the unit would cool. Finally on my last night I got back to my room kind of late and there was a long line at the front desk that I thought I'd call it in later well, I went to sleep again tired and woke up throughout the night due to being hot. In the morning at checkout time, I mentioned it to the attendant. I have a feeling that they gave me that corner room because it's normally hot and since I was using my Priority Points to stay 2 days on points, they'd give me a mediocre room that probably no one would want to stay in. I'm going to address this with Holiday Inn/Priority Club. But, in the meantime I wanted to warn everyone traveling into Visalia. Don't take a room in a corner if you go through Visalia in the summer time and end up stayin in this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Poortugaal, Netherlands
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The hotel has nice rooms, pleasant pool with ice vending machine and good service.
Is located outside visalia but within 5 minutes you are in the city center. Breakfast is reasonably priced and very good.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank rolfv
Chino, California
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I traveled to Sequoia National Park and stayed at Visalia. The place accept pets and kept the place clean to my level. This place is in perfect location. About half hour away from Sequoia; across the street from a dog park, and conveniently located by the highway. The only problem we had was finding a place to eat. You have to travel a couple of miles away if you arrive & eat late. I have no complaints about this place except for the buzzing noise outside the building. I wasn't sure if they were bugs or it was their lighting. It's fine because I didn't hear it from my room; I heard it at night when I was walking my small dog.

Cons: Room is a bit small and they need an update on TV. I think if they change the TV to flat screen, they will have more room.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
North Yorkshire
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Myself and my husband have stayed at many holiday inns and HI express hotels. This was without a doubt the worst. Nothing awful, just everything from the service to the cleanliness was pretty poor. We booked it on a B&B basis and were charged for our tea and coffee at breakfast - i tried to explain i'd booked B&B they said that covered the food but not hot drinks - what!!!! Breakfast was very poor, cold and didn't seem at all fresh. Staff were impolite throughout the hotel.
The aircon in our room didn't work properly (it was 100 degrees outside) and no one seemed to care - said it was our fault for not saying something sooner and they would have moved us to the otherside of the building. The TV didn't work properly. Only one elevator was working and we couldn't get in it as the cleaning staff were using it constantly to move up & down floors!
Just generally rubbish. When i complained on check out that i wasn't prepared to pay the $180 the woman counldn't have been less interested, after a long discussion, i got $60 off the room rate - still well overpriced.
We moved to the very new HI Express at Dinuba (not too far away) and had a near perfect stay in comparison for a lot less money!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple