I had enough Priority Club points for 2 free nights. I booked them using these points. When I got to the hotel I noticed my Suite was at the far end of the hotel, a corner room. Normally this is an ideal location. Well, when I got in the room it seemed fine until I turned the A/C on. It never cooled. The thermostat read 65 degrees. I know 65 degrees. It was so warm inside the room that I went to the bar to give the A/C unit time to cool. Finally, before I went to bed I called the front desk to have someone look at the A/C unit. Someone did look at it but it only got cool for about 30 minutes or so and then it went back to just blowing warm air from outside. I was so tired that I just kept hoping the unit would cool. Finally on my last night I got back to my room kind of late and there was a long line at the front desk that I thought I'd call it in later well, I went to sleep again tired and woke up throughout the night due to being hot. In the morning at checkout time, I mentioned it to the attendant. I have a feeling that they gave me that corner room because it's normally hot and since I was using my Priority Points to stay 2 days on points, they'd give me a mediocre room that probably no one would want to stay in. I'm going to address this with Holiday Inn/Priority Club. But, in the meantime I wanted to warn everyone traveling into Visalia. Don't take a room in a corner if you go through Visalia in the summer time and end up stayin in this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wyndham Visalia is San Joaquin Valley's largest full-service hotel with conference center between Sacramento and LA, bordering Plaza Business Park and the 40-acre Plaza Park with a fishing pond and wild ducks, 27-hole Valley Oaks Golf Course, 8 tennis courts, and walking and jogging paths. Experience the Downtown Fox Theater, home to Tulare County Symphony, with free trolley, art galleries, art walk tour, antique shopping on Main Street, 200 restaurants, the Chinese Cultural Center, Murals of Tulare County, Children's Museum, Bravo Farms for artesian cheeses and wine tasting and the year round wonderland of nearby Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Guests enjoy award-winning dining in our onsite restaurant, Cafe California, specialty drinks and an extensive appetizer list in our onsite Mahoganys Lounge. Relax and unwind in our outdoor pool, indoor pool, Jacuzzi or fitness center. Business travelers enjoy free high-speed wireless Internet throughout hotel, business center, executive boardroom, 12 banquet rooms, two ballrooms (5-1000 attendees). Hotel is smoke-free. Complimentary shuttle from/to Visalia Municipal Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Visalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel And Conf Center
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Visalia
- Visalia Holiday Inn