I spent two days in Visalia while doing business in the area. We chose this hotel because of it's proximity to where we were going to be spending our days, and its easy interstate access.
Overall, the property is attractive, and well kept. The lobby is very spacious and comfortable. The business center is huge, with three fully functioning computers, with printing capability (printer behind the front desk in the lobby). The staff were friendly and helpful, for the most part.
My room was your typical room. You can tell from the layout that this hotel has been there for a long time. But, the décor was modern and up to date. Everything worked as expected. The room was nicely furnished with a big flat-screen TV, refrigerator, and ironing board.
We used the hotel restaurant for breakfast. The breakfast buffet was well-stocked, and tasty. The restaurant wait staff kept our water glasses full, and were there to help with anything needed. We didn't have any other meals there.
My only gripes were that the indoor pool was being renovated, and therefore, inaccessible. And, the elevators were in sad shape. Of the two, one was completely inoperative. And the other was extremely slow, noisy and vibrated badly like something was wrong with it. I ended up using the stairs most of the time (and my room was on the top floor!). If the hotel would get these minor issues taken care of, I'd rate it a 5 out of 5.
As more information than anything, the park across the street is very nice, with plenty of room for walking, and nice areas to relax in good weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wyndham Visalia is San Joaquin Valley's largest full-service hotel with conference center between Sacramento and LA, bordering Plaza Business Park and the 40-acre Plaza Park with a fishing pond and wild ducks, 27-hole Valley Oaks Golf Course, 8 tennis courts, and walking and jogging paths. Experience the Downtown Fox Theater, home to Tulare County Symphony, with free trolley, art galleries, art walk tour, antique shopping on Main Street, 200 restaurants, the Chinese Cultural Center, Murals of Tulare County, Children's Museum, Bravo Farms for artesian cheeses and wine tasting and the year round wonderland of nearby Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Guests enjoy award-winning dining in our onsite restaurant, Cafe California, specialty drinks and an extensive appetizer list in our onsite Mahoganys Lounge. Relax and unwind in our outdoor pool, indoor pool, Jacuzzi or fitness center. Business travelers enjoy free high-speed wireless Internet throughout hotel, business center, executive boardroom, 12 banquet rooms, two ballrooms (5-1000 attendees). Hotel is smoke-free. Complimentary shuttle from/to Visalia Municipal Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Wyndham Visalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel And Conf Center
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Visalia
- Visalia Holiday Inn