WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Wyndham Visalia

Wyndham Visalia
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Visalia
Fremont, California
“Excellent : Clean, Friendly & Reasonable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and modern hotel. Staff is very helpful. Rooms are modern and efficient.

Clientele s professional, it being a conference center too. Families too. Park right opposite hotel.

Kid-friendly! Breakfast buffet included for two by paying $5 extra per room, which would have cost $10.50 each otherwise. Kids always eat free! Breakfast is good - lots of choices of hot breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast, biscuits & gravy), fresh fruit, fresh juice, cereal, oatmeal etc.

Two pools - indoors and outdoors. Indoor one also has jacuzzi. Both pools are very clean.

Other perk : it's a listed stop for the Sequoia Shuttle (if you'd rather not drive to the National Park yourself ). About 40 miles to the park entrance.

One restaurant in the hotel. Other restaurants are a couple of miles away.

Definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank whyrao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Florence, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Easy access off of CA99, great parking, gorgeous lobby, fitness center, pool, and conference rooms. Two restaurants and a lounge on property. Good sized room, comfortable bed, 42 inch flat screen, great shower. All one could ask for in a hotel stay and free breakfast included at $104 for a King Executive room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WeOwnAFatCat
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Work sent me out to Visalia, and not knowing the area, I was naturally concerned about accommodations, but this place is delightful. I was pretty early, but they pointed out their business center where I hung out doing odds and ends. I got into my room at noon and was very happy. It was very roomy, quiet, clean, had a comfortable couch and bed. The wifi worked with ease. Big windows, that unfortunately I kept closed because I'm not a friend to the heat or bright sun. I had all my meals in their restaurant and I was very pleased with them. Chicken and strawberry salad for lunch, avocado stuffed with shrimp for dinner and a full buffet breakfast the next morning (the breakfast was included in the price). Check this out, breakfast had Tater Tots! I've never seen Tater Tots included with a buffet and I love Tater Tots. It took a lot of control to settle on one scoupful. The hotal has two pools and a fitness center, if you're so inclined.

Room Tip: I spent $5.00 more and got a room on the executive level with a couch. Best $5.00 I ever spent.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Kyle D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Picked this hotel as a stopover for my trip from LA.
The plus:
The member recognition (I'm PCR Platinum); requested a later c/out-Granted :)
The service is in the outlets wonderful-especially from the FB team of Rick and crew.
The evening live entertainment.
The indoor and outdoor pools.
Well maintained rooms.
Wonderful meeting space.
The cons
I really cant think of anything that I didnt like about the property.

Its a wonderful property, with a great leadership.
Thanks

1 Thank Paulotoon
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Visalia as a mini getaway for our anniversary and had a great time. The room was clean and quiet. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was delicious! Make sure you get the biscuits and gravy. The prime rib on Fridays (and saturdays i think) was really good too! We will for sure be coming back to stay (hopefully in the summer when we can hit up the sequoias).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff H
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

We always try to stay at Holiday Inn Express facilities because they are such a good value. Unfortunately, our planned stay at the Visalia location was never to occur because of last minute Airlines cancellation with no possible way to be in Visalia the next day. This happened within the 24 hour no refund policy time-frame and I had reserved 2 rooms using Priority club points. In the off chance I could still save my points if I explained my situation, I called the Priority Club contact number where I was unsuccessful in receiving any relief. They suggested I call the hotel directly, which I did. Luckily, I was helped by Sarah Russell, who worked through all the red tape to refund me my points (which the Priority Club representatives were unable to do). Sarah took it upon herself to go above and beyond to help me. She called Priority Club and was able to get my points returned. Kudos to Sarah. This is one happy customer.

1 Thank Donald W
Honeoye Falls, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

We spent one night here on our way to Sequoia National Park. Our room was very well appointed, but the highlight was the friendly and helpful staff. We had breakfast in the restaurant, and it was delicious and very fairly priced! I wish I could remember our waitresses name, because she was awesome.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor on the north side and we didn't hear a thing all night.
1 Thank pattycal5