“Happy with this place”
Review of Wyndham Visalia

Wyndham Visalia
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Work sent me out to Visalia, and not knowing the area, I was naturally concerned about accommodations, but this place is delightful. I was pretty early, but they pointed out their business center where I hung out doing odds and ends. I got into my room at noon and was very happy. It was very roomy, quiet, clean, had a comfortable couch and bed. The wifi worked with ease. Big windows, that unfortunately I kept closed because I'm not a friend to the heat or bright sun. I had all my meals in their restaurant and I was very pleased with them. Chicken and strawberry salad for lunch, avocado stuffed with shrimp for dinner and a full buffet breakfast the next morning (the breakfast was included in the price). Check this out, breakfast had Tater Tots! I've never seen Tater Tots included with a buffet and I love Tater Tots. It took a lot of control to settle on one scoupful. The hotal has two pools and a fitness center, if you're so inclined.

Room Tip: I spent $5.00 more and got a room on the executive level with a couch. Best $5.00 I ever spent.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kyle D

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Picked this hotel as a stopover for my trip from LA.
The plus:
The member recognition (I'm PCR Platinum); requested a later c/out-Granted :)
The service is in the outlets wonderful-especially from the FB team of Rick and crew.
The evening live entertainment.
The indoor and outdoor pools.
Well maintained rooms.
Wonderful meeting space.
The cons
I really cant think of anything that I didnt like about the property.

Its a wonderful property, with a great leadership.
Thanks

1  Thank Paulotoon
Reviewed April 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Visalia as a mini getaway for our anniversary and had a great time. The room was clean and quiet. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was delicious! Make sure you get the biscuits and gravy. The prime rib on Fridays (and saturdays i think) was really good too! We will for sure be coming back to stay (hopefully in the summer when we can hit up the sequoias).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We always try to stay at Holiday Inn Express facilities because they are such a good value. Unfortunately, our planned stay at the Visalia location was never to occur because of last minute Airlines cancellation with no possible way to be in Visalia the next day. This happened within the 24 hour no refund policy time-frame and I had reserved 2 rooms using Priority club points. In the off chance I could still save my points if I explained my situation, I called the Priority Club contact number where I was unsuccessful in receiving any relief. They suggested I call the hotel directly, which I did. Luckily, I was helped by Sarah Russell, who worked through all the red tape to refund me my points (which the Priority Club representatives were unable to do). Sarah took it upon herself to go above and beyond to help me. She called Priority Club and was able to get my points returned. Kudos to Sarah. This is one happy customer.

1  Thank Donald W
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We spent one night here on our way to Sequoia National Park. Our room was very well appointed, but the highlight was the friendly and helpful staff. We had breakfast in the restaurant, and it was delicious and very fairly priced! I wish I could remember our waitresses name, because she was awesome.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor on the north side and we didn't hear a thing all night.
1  Thank pattycal5
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Above average HI; well laid out with excellent breakfast room; plenty of choices in the hot food category and servers to provide coffee. The staff was attentive and professional. Excellent indoor pool, clean and well maintained; although the hot tub jets are weak.

2  Thank RetiredTraveler78
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Room was reasonably comfortable but a bit dated. Whole Hotel appears to need a makeover - in my opinion. We ate breakfast from the buffet which had a good choice. Staff were quite friendly. Not much atmosphere, and rather a gloomy hotel. However, it is convenient for the highway and no problem parking.

Stayed: October 2012
Srummage, General Manager at Wyndham Visalia, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Our Chef takes pride in the presentation of our popular breakfast buffet and its many choices. Our convenient location and large complimentary parking, as mentioned, is also popular with our local business community allowing them quick and convenient access to our hotel to enjoy our popular salad bar buffet also. Thank you for your review. The Visalia Holiday Inn Team.