We stayed one night here on our way back from South Lake Tahoe. This hotel is approx. 5.5 hours from Tahoe so it makes a good stopping point when traveling with kids.
We booked two adjoining rooms (rm. 133 a double queen, and 135 a king suite).
When we arrived, I was a bit concerned as there was quite a lot of noise from the singer/band at the bar and our rooms were on the same floor. When we got to the rooms however, it was completely quiet.
The rooms and beds were very comfortable. The wi-fi worked well, and the newer flat-panel TV's were nice.
We ate dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant and the restaurant staff was absolutely wonderful (especially Jose, our waiter for dinner). We arrived at the hotel at about 8:15, and the restaurant closes at 9:00, so we were the last ones in there. Jose made a special point to make sure that they didn't clear away the salad bar until we were done eating. Not many places would go that extra bit for you. It was very much appreciated.
The next day, the front desk graciously provided us with a later checkout so we could spend a little extra time enjoying their indoor pool and spa.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wyndham Visalia is San Joaquin Valley's largest full-service hotel with conference center between Sacramento and LA, bordering Plaza Business Park and the 40-acre Plaza Park with a fishing pond and wild ducks, 27-hole Valley Oaks Golf Course, 8 tennis courts, and walking and jogging paths. Experience the Downtown Fox Theater, home to Tulare County Symphony, with free trolley, art galleries, art walk tour, antique shopping on Main Street, 200 restaurants, the Chinese Cultural Center, Murals of Tulare County, Children's Museum, Bravo Farms for artesian cheeses and wine tasting and the year round wonderland of nearby Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Guests enjoy award-winning dining in our onsite restaurant, Cafe California, specialty drinks and an extensive appetizer list in our onsite Mahoganys Lounge. Relax and unwind in our outdoor pool, indoor pool, Jacuzzi or fitness center. Business travelers enjoy free high-speed wireless Internet throughout hotel, business center, executive boardroom, 12 banquet rooms, two ballrooms (5-1000 attendees). Hotel is smoke-free. Complimentary shuttle from/to Visalia Municipal Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Wyndham Visalia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel And Conf Center
- Holiday Inn Visalia Hotel & Conf Visalia
- Visalia Holiday Inn