“Great Location for Sequoa National Park” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Visalia

Wyndham Visalia
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Visalia
Torquay
“Great Location for Sequoa National Park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

Stayed here for 2 nighst after travelling over from LA. Was not expecting much - but actually this is a nice hotel. Rooms situated in one of 2 buildings and you can access bedroom corridors from a number of external doors (all secure with seperate keycard) - we parked the people carrier and unloaded just a few doors away from our room.

Staff on front desk were helpful and gave directions and map to restaurants we asked for. Free Wifi and also 3 PC's in lobby area for guest use with printer attached.

Outdoor pool and also indoor pool. Did not use the restaurant or Bar - but looked standard hotel fayre!

Yes, the rooms are looking a little tired and still have large CRT TV's - but it was all clean and comfortable. Mentioned one maintenance issue and the engineer was at the room within 5 mins and fixed immediately.

Would I stay again - Yes, would I return again - Yes - but would use as a stop over - not the place to base yourself for a long vacaction.

Room Tip: Prioirty Club Membership gets you a goody bag!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Andrew T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

A large hotel with small town values. Staff are very friendly and diligent and bend over backwards to assist you.

As always when travelling, a smile and thank you always brings out the best of people

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kg6xf
Kerman, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

Wow, what a great hotel! My husband and I stayed at this hotel after attending a friends wedding, which was held in one of the banquet rooms. We had such a great time. The rooms were reasonably priced, clean and comfortable. I was very surprised at how large and beautiful this hotel was. With two pools, (indoor and outdoor), several banquet rooms, a restaurant and bar, this hotel is defiantly a place where I would have my wedding reception if I lived in the area. It is conveniently located off the 99 & 198 freeways, for travelers attending from nearby cities, and only minutes away from other amenities.

The meal that was served at the reception was great tasting, well presented and classy. The banquet employees were all very nice and paid great attention to detail.

After the reception we all went over to the bar for the “after party” and had a great time, dancing and mingling. The service at the bar was quick, friendly and averaged priced.

Overall our stay at this hotel was excellent! I would defiantly recommend the Holiday Inn in Visalia to anyone looking for a reception facility in the Visalia/Tulare area!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DisneyBound23
Cincinnati, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

Was booked to stay here for 2 nights, and quickly canceled my second night after the first few hours in my room. Place smells like feet. Vending machine on 4th floor ate $.55, and when I told the front desk, they a) couldn't refund my money because the vending is outsourced and b) upon suggesting they put up an "out of order" sign, responded with "yeah, we've heard there have been problems, and we keep telling maintenance, but..." Also, my room was about 55 degrees. I cranked the heat and nothing happened. I called the front desk to switch rooms, and they told me they'd send maintenance up first to check i t out. When I asked if I could just switch to a room with working heat, I was told "well, the heat is kind of bad in all the rooms, so sometimes it just takes some tweaking." Awesome. It's been 15 minutes, and I'm still waiting for maintenance to show up. Maybe they're hanging an "out of order" sign on the vending machine first.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank korgmonkey
San Clemente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

I previously stayed at the Holiday Inn in Visalia, Ca in September of 2010 and I was so impressed by the experience I had to return. A fellow traveler enlightened me about writing a review, so here it is...

HOLIDAY INN AND CONVENTION CENTER, Visalia, CA

The experience begins with the easy freeway access to the hotel, and the ample parking. The large, beautiful lobby is easily accessed through two large automatic doors that lead you right to the friendly people at the Front Office (check-in counter).

In addition, unforeseen forces in both stays forced me to change my schedule, and in both cases the personnel in the Front Office were very accommodating to me.

I found the Holiday Inn to be always clean and the employees were always helpful and friendly. In fact, I believe these are the cleanest rooms and the most comfortable beds I have ever enjoyed in my many years of travel, and the housekeepers would always greet me, or, wave from a distance!

I also had the pleasure of having my meals at both the Cafe California and at Mahogany's and I am happy to say that here again; the employees and the food were excellent! In addition, the plush furniture and the decor, that includes a wide screen T.V. and a beautiful Pool table in Mahogany's make one feel very, very comfortable. In addition, Mahogany's has a D.J. to entertain you on weekends.

Although I have not had the time to take a swim or relax in the beautiful and inviting indoor pool and spa (the outdoor pool was closed for the season), I certainly look forward to doing so on future stays here...

Another plus regarding this Holiday Inn, Visalia is that there is a beautiful park and a lake just across the street that makes for a perfect place to have an outdoor business conference or a family reunion!

Lastly, as I stated earlier, I have many years of travel experience and in my opinion; this is the best value for your money

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank DonAugustin
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

I have only eaten meals at this hotel, but we use the guest rooms for other members of the family when we have family gatherings in town. The report from family members is that they always feel welcome and comfortable and that the service is gracious and accommodating. The rooms are pleasant. Meals are well prepared and tasty.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank charmathias
San Marcos, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

Stayed on the way back from Yosemite. Room and bed looked old and smelled old. Half the TV channels were fuzzy or didn't come in, let alone the TV was about 20 years old. I have stayed at holiday inn expresses that were 100 times better than this. Loud obnoxious people in the pool after midnight aren't exactly desired either. A new logo and a new ad campaign can't change the fact that most of these properties are old and worn out and look like 70's throw backs with beds to match

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Visalia
Hampton Inn Visalia
Comfort Suites
Comfort Suites
#4 of 13 in Visalia
4.0 of 5 stars 163 reviews

Been to Wyndham Visalia? Share your experiences!