WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Tommy's Restaurant

Tommy's Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 280 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Located just off Main Street next to the historic Fox Theatre, Tommy's Restaurant & Lounge offers exceptional fine dining with a casual feel in downtown Visalia. Join us for lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch or happy hour with friends. Featuring the freshest ingredients sourced from local suppliers, Tommy's lunch and dinner menus marry comfortable favorites with bold flavors, from our Tempura Fried Sweet Potatoes and Lobster Mac & Cheese to our Old School Wedge Salad and Surf 'n' Turf. A careful selection of seasonal vegetables and choice meats make each appetizer, salad, sandwich and entrée a memorable dining experience. And don't forget our award-winning Bread Pudding! Our full bar, featuring expertly crafted cocktails, an extensive wine and beer selection and daily specials, provides the perfect backdrop for after-work happy hour, Ladies Night or late-night weekend fun.
Tulare, California
“date night..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Went to tommy's last wed for date night with my husband. My husband wanted to try the bar, because we were just going to try a few appetizers an drinks. We sat there at the table in the bar for over 20 minutes waiting for the bartender to com over to help us. We have never been in there so didn't know if we should of maybe gone up to the bar. The bar at the time we where in there was full with all guys an the bartender just looked over at us two or three times but never came over to see what we wanted or needed. So after 20 minutes of the bar tender ignoring us we got up an walked into the dinning room. Where we where greeted with a smile. We sat down an had our bottle of champagne an appetizers waiter's was wonderful. If it wasn't for her not sure if we would go back. But for sure would not go or take anyone to the bar at Tommys.

2 Thank anaferra2

Clovis, California
“Big city sophistication in a smaller town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Food & atmosphere were good. Waiter was very nice but not totally on top of his game...
I started with the Wedge salad which was fresh & crisp and well done. The Chicken Marsalla had great flavor with a sauce that was fantastic. Bread pudding at the end of the meal was very yummy. We brought our own wine but were surprised at the extensive selection we could have chosen from.

Tempe, Arizona
“Glad I got the groupon deal, cause it wasn't worth full price!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I often travel to the Visalia for business and ALWAYS eat at Daisy Reys. This week, I am cam out early and and Daisy Reys (the GREATEST RESTAURANT in the area HANDS DOWN!) was closed, so I sought out a replacement.
I found a 1/2 price deal on groupon and thought... what the heck? I have eaten here several times before, and despite the stuffiness of the staff, the food is not too bad. It is over priced as HELL, but with the 1/2 groupon deal, it should be about right.
I went with two of my coworkers and when we arrived at an empty restaurant, the hostess asked how she could help us. I said, we are here for dinner (Kinda obvious, however she looked alittle SLOWWWW). In a snotty voice, she asked if we had a reservation... Uh, no, how a bout one of the 50 empty tables in the place. She walked us to one and then asked if it was a special occasion. "No, just dinner with 2 other coworkers... This is how people have to eat dinner when they travel."
The server was ok, she took our order and after a LONG time, brought us the food. As soon as the plates were on the table, she split. She forgot to bring one something I asked for, no big deal, I choked down an EXTREMELY over priced dry piece of Salmon, a cup of HARD packed uncle Ben's instant white rice, and some steamed veggies. The veggies were the best part.
When the check came, I presented the groupon and the server said, oh, that is only for parties of FOUR! WFT!!! I was about to hit the roof! She tool my phone with the groupon and disappeared for 5-10 min, then returned and said it took some doing, but she convinced her manager to let us use the deal. OK! Sorry to put you out!
On the way out, the snotty hostess was too busy updating her Facebook status to say good night, thank you, or acknowledge our existence. I am so happy tomorrow is Tuesday and Daisy Reys will be open for lunch and dinner!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jmarkjr
Visalia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst High Class Restraunt Around”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I took my wife out for a nice dinner and night away from the kids. Her chicken was overdosed with green sauce. I ordered a rib eye medium and received it rare. When I complained about the steak they took it back and put it back on the grill. They brought it back burnt on the outside and still not medium.

Not only was it one of the worst cooked steaks I have had at any restaurant, they did not even offer any sort of comp. I would have expected the meal free since I did not even eat it, but a glass of wine would have been at least a start. Horrible all the way from the food through the service.

1 Thank Tyler M
Visalia, California, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Rib Eye Steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

Tommy's is a very cozy, casual enough for lunch yet elegant for special personal or business dinners. We come here at least once a month and always order the Rib Eye Steak dinner. Its served with a delicious chile verde sauce. They always cook it perfectly to our specifications. I definitely will keep coming back.

Visited August 2013