“Dinner out with Friends”
Review of Tommy's Restaurant

Tommy's Restaurant
Ranked #37 of 286 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Located just off Main Street next to the historic Fox Theatre, Tommy's Restaurant & Lounge offers exceptional fine dining with a casual feel in downtown Visalia. Join us for lunch, dinner, Sunday brunch or happy hour with friends. Featuring the freshest ingredients sourced from local suppliers, Tommy's lunch and dinner menus marry comfortable favorites with bold flavors, from our Tempura Fried Sweet Potatoes and Lobster Mac & Cheese to our Old School Wedge Salad and Surf 'n' Turf. A careful selection of seasonal vegetables and choice meats make each appetizer, salad, sandwich and entrée a memorable dining experience. And don't forget our award-winning Bread Pudding! Our full bar, featuring expertly crafted cocktails, an extensive wine and beer selection and daily specials, provides the perfect backdrop for after-work happy hour, Ladies Night or late-night weekend fun.
“Dinner out with Friends”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I had never been to Tommy's prior to this dinner out with our friends. It was a very nice restaurant . Good Food great staff. I would recommend it for Anniversary, Birthday dinner or just for a good meal...

• Visited April 2013

Tulare, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Everything is great! We will and have been back!!! Service is always at least very good. Food is great. Alittle pricy but not to bad. Great for couples, families or friends.

• Visited January 2013
Dinuba, CA
“Hidden gem in Visalia!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Tommy's is an all around great restaurant. We're always greeted by name, service is outstanding. We always have the fillet or the cedar plank smoked rib eye, which is to die for! A must-have are the sweet potato fries and the bread pudding.

Visited August 2012
Fresno, California
“Decent food but way overpriced”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I don't know why people rave about this place. I ordered a $36 New York strip because it sounded good and it wasn't the most expensive on the menu. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but most definitely not $36 good. Are you kidding me?!!! This place tries to compete with the big steak places, but it doesn't. So if you don't care to drop a bunch of money on decent food, then go. If not, go to Tahoe Joe's or something

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Josiah B
Visalia, California
“If you want to go for a nice meal....DO NOT GO TO TOMMY'S....”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I went to Tommy's last night with a group from work. The service was slow and the food was a disaster!! We both ordered the 8 oz Filet steak and they were so tough I literally could not cut it with my knife. The waitress asked if I wanted pepper on my salad and I nicely said no and the next thing I knew she was crushing tons of pepper on my salad. So I ended up pushing 1/2 of my salad off and basicially had 2 bites. Today I called to speak with a manager and he barely said he was sorry and acted like "oh well, we have enough patrons that it does not matter". I would definitely think twice before going to Tommy's in Visalia and would recommend you chose another resturant.

• Visited December 2012