La Quinta Inn & Suites Visalia/Sequoia Gateway
$93
Priceline
Majestic Inn(Visalia)
$88
All reviewsjack in the boxdel tacobatting cagessausagedrug storewithin walking distanceindoor poolgas stationfast foodbreakfast barnice clean hotelnice stayhot breakfasthot tubking bedbeds were very comfortablegreat place to stay
Reviewed June 30, 2009

While traveling to Sequoia I booked a queen room last minute for 75$ on Priceline but got upgraded during check in to a king room. Staff was friendly and efficient.

The room was big, very clean with a super comfortable bed and free WIFI. The bathroom was also a good size and again very clean. Some reviewers have complained about the noise. While I am a light sleeper I didn't find our room (facing the highway) to be very noisy. There is a good distance between the highway and the hotel and while I could here other guests in the hallway the walls were thick enough to give me a good night rest.

The complimentary breakfast was basic (fresh waffles, bagels, sausages, eggs, cereals etc) but there was enough for everyone. There was also a pool and business center we could use free of charge.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NL1982
Reviewed May 22, 2009

We had spent the previous night in Kings Canyon and visited Sequoia Park that day - drove out to Visalia on our way ultimately to Death Valley. Had not made a reservation but figured we could find something in Visalia. When we saw La Quinta, we knew we would be fine. This appeared to be a newer inn, very clean, easily accessible, and a great hot breakfast included in the room price. The guy checking us in gave us good tips for dinner spots - the room was set up for computer access with a desk area. However, we were without computer so used the business office downstairs - very nice, fast computers. All in all, a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2009

Been wanting to try this place for a couple of years now.
Finally got the chance on March 15th 2009. In a word...
Disappointing. I made the reservation in the morning.
When we checked in that afternoon the guy at the front desk was
an Eeyore. Couldn't get him to say two words. I don't know folks, call me finicky but after I've driven all day I would kind of like a smile and a "How do you do?" when I walk in to plunk down a hundred bucks on a place to spend the night.

Had to grill him to get the password to use the Internet.

I had requested the 3rd floor, he put us on the 2nd. I saw how many other reservations he had, a grand total of four.
The room seemed old and dingy even though I know the place is fairly new. Burn marks on the carpet of a non smoking room always make you wonder how clean the place really is. Mega noise from the freeway outside too.

We have tried La Quintas in the past and they always seem to fall a little short of other hotels. The bed was firm and the amenities were lite.
Breakfast was the typical hard boiled egg, yogurt, cold cereal with juice.

We wont be back.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank longball44
Reviewed December 20, 2008

I am currently staying at La Quinta and will be staying here on and off for two weeks on my traveling here in California with my husband. My husband had his leave from the military after his 13 month tour and Iraq and we came to California to visit my family and for him to meet them. I called La Quinta after finding it in a phone book... And I was so fortunate to find this place. It was about 88.00 dollars plus tax a night with a military discount. the rooms are clean and very pretty. The staff is sweet. Housekeeping does and unbelievable job of cleaning! They have a pool with a hot tub. a fitness center for my husband. Free internet which I'm on now. and its there computer.. they have two in there business center room And They have a laundry facility for my longer stays here. =] which is great. and they have breakfast in the mornings...everything is in walking distance. I recommend you stay here.. you won't regret it...its worth what you pay for. I'm enjoying it and I cant wait to stay here again when I get back from the coast.. Don't spare an expense on your vacation I tried to my first night and I regretted it ...when I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Visalia never stay there it is DISGUSTING...La QUINTA is the upgrade and luxury I needed and wanted....!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 15, 2008

I stayed here on a trip to Sequioa/Kings Canyon National Park. The hotel was clean and located in a nice part of town. There are several restaurants and stores within walking distance.

Stayed: October 2008