La Quinta Inn & Suites Visalia/Sequoia Gateway
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Reviewed April 7, 2013

After a long day of golf at Visalia country club, it was satisfying to stay at such a nice, clean place.
Rooms are clean, and tidy. Kids can play at the nice indoor pool with choice of hot tub, or can go enjoy an arcade,mini golf, batting cages, and water fun behind La Quinta thats 1 minute away!
Also two main golf courses are only about 5-10 minutes away for every good prices.
Overall i give this place a 10/10 for rooms, activites, staff, and not to forget their breakest is yummy with muffins, juices, coffee, eggs, sausage, and delicious waffles.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed for two nights recently, with my dogs.
First the room; it was clean enough though the bed cover needed a wash and the chair had a obvious head oil stain. The room also had a huge desk which took up far too much room. The walls were very thin, noise from the room alongside and above were bothersome.
Breakfast was ok, except for the eggs which were inedible.
Usually hotels which take dogs have a potty area and a trash can for disposal. This hotel has neither. I had to cross the parking lot to an unlit area under a tree, and then leave my baggies in the ashtray outside of the side door.
The pool area has fans that make it sound like a jetway. The hot tub jets do not work properly, though when you run them a thick scum develops. There is also a very noticeable dirt ring in the hot tub and pool.
Most disturbing for me (female,traveling alone) were a lot of men bringing six packs and liquor into the hotel. Several times the dining area was filled with guys drinking.
I was down there for an annual dog show. I will probably try a different property next time.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We had a mini one day visit with out of state family as well as a local aunt. When making the reservation, I requested our room be in close proximity to my sister's as well as a room that wasn't facing the street. Both requests were nicely arranged. The room was very clean and in good condition. We checked in just after 12 noon after a 4 hour drive, which was nice. Checkout is late at 12 noon, which is wonderful. The breakfast room was nicely furnished with coffee, yogurt, bagels, waffles you make, prepared eggs, sausage....... It was very clean and well stocked. Behind the hotel is an amusement place with what appeared to be an arcade and go-carts. We didn't visit it, but looked like it could be a fun activity for children, AND we never heard any noise from it, but it was a Tuesday, March 5th and off typical season. Theres a waffle shop for breakfasts and lunches and a Jack in the Box very close by, and Applebees about a half mile north from there. Now to nitpick....the indoor pool room is very noisy, not from kids, but from loud spa pump and the pool filter motor. It was just of our party of 4 in the room. The bathroom door was locked with no keycard access, but possibly it was shared with a workout room nextdoor, and perhaps it was accidentally left locked. The workout room looked fairly nice from what I could see through large glass panels shared with the pool room. Not sure what was happening with the wi-fi, we had a miserable time trying to get on line(I never was able to), but my sister 3 rooms down got great wi-fi. I didn't really depend on the wi-fi as we kept pretty busy visiting family during our 24-hour visit at LaQuinta. The room had a small microwave and a small refrigerator, which we didn't need or use. The desk, which comes with a USB receptacle, dresser, end tables and flatscreen tv were all in wonderful condition. Just 2 of the 4+ spiral type lamps in the bedroom worked, but we made do nicely. Free parking, good location to the freeway(198?) off of Hwy-99, no street noise as the complex sits back a short ways from the busy streets. I got the one night stay through AAA.com and received a discount of 10+/-%($98.. We found it very convenient and found it very comfortable for what we needed it for, mostly sleeping and bathing. The mattress was comfortable. I am one of those who hate to spend too much, frugal not cheap, and I found this LaQuinta to be a very good value. I would recommend this facility and would no hesitate to return, as my sister has 3-4 times. Happy travels!

Room Tip: I had room #319 and had poor wi-fi, but good reception in room 325. LaQuinta was very good about pla...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Los Angeles, California, USA
Reviewed February 20, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Typical mid-level lodging. Everything needed (house computer?) for a business stay. The place was clean, quite, and very accessible. The only problem is their price increase due to the Ag. Show in Tulare, 12 miles away. Mandatory 4 night stay at @ $250 per night. I'm sure this drove away a lot of non Show business. Heard at show, Motel 6 in Tulare was $89.00 per night.

Room Tip: A/C on/off noise slightly annoying.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank theman4
Reviewed February 13, 2013

All staff was very friendly. Rooms are very clean and well thought out, desk area, reading area and a place to plug in my laptop in the desk! Breakfast has a decent variety just personally would like more fresh fruit. :)

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife an I stayed for 2 nights, the room was Clean, the Hotel was Clean and the
breakfast was Good... The staff was Very nice and professional... Would diffidently
stay there again... Indoor heated pool was nice and relaxing, the hotel was close to everything we needed

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family