“Good value for a nice property.”

Visalia Sequoia Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Good value for a nice property.”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Sequoia and Kings Canyon. Quiet location, quiet pool, very nice. Our room was clean and close to the lobby. We enjoyed the included breakfast. Good stay overall.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
comfort_inn_visalia, General Manager at Visalia Sequoia Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Hello my name is Rachel, I am the GM. I want to thank you for your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites. As always we strive to make our guests happy and their stay great. We hope the next time you come to Visalia, you will think of us. I hope you enjoyed the Seqoias during your stay. Once again, thank you for your feedback and your stay.

Rachel Rodriguez
Comfort Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Oregon
Reviewed June 28, 2011

This hotel was absolutely disgusting. it was 100 degrees during the day and the air conditioning was off all day so it was an oven when we got there at 11 pm. I suspect the air conditioning didn't work at all. Clerk said they had rolling black outs (asked second hotel and it wasnt true) After being in the room for 30 minutes it didn't cool off so we asked for another room. She showed us two more rooms and they were all the same. Water stains onthe rugs below air conditioner. I was exhausted so I tried to forget about it but then I started to itch and sprung up out of bed and got the hell of there in my Pajamas YES in my Pajamas. Checked out and found another hotel down the street that was the same price but much nicer.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank QUILTSHOWSISTERS
Colonia, New Jersey
Reviewed May 27, 2011

I stayed here while visiting Sequoia National Park. This hotel seems like it is fairly new. It is comfortable and is a good bargain. The positives are it is close to highway 99 (easy access), is very quiet (which may have been because there were not many people), and is close to a small park that has a nice pond and which I took walks in during the evening. Although next to a small airport I did not hear any planes. The rooms, hallways, and lobby are very nicely furnished and finished, and the outdoor pool and hot tub are a nice touch. The negatives are the property is far (about 2 miles) from any kind of food or shopping (there is a mall in Visalia) and there is no restaurant (although the complimentary breakfast included some hot food which was nice). The only problems I had with the room were the bathroom vent made a loud humming and the sink was outside the bathroom (I like them together). It takes about 30 minutes to get to the main road leading to the national parks because you need to travel through the city of Visalia which has some traffic. The fitness room is a standard universal set with a treadmill and has a steam room. Some of the equipment was worn or broken and the TV was pulled from the wall.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank JakeColonia
Delaware
Reviewed May 21, 2011

The staff was so friendly and accomodating. Everything was clean and inviting. The gym, pool and spa were welcome sights. The breakfast was huge. Even a sewing kit was provided for an errant hem.

Room Tip: Third floor is half smoking, half non-smoking.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dellastreetDelaware
Hello,

My name is Rachel, I am the GM. I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again.

San Jacinto, California
Reviewed December 19, 2010

We rented 3 rooms with various family members. The walls of this hotel are super thin, so we could hear neighboring rooms, and the beds were not that comfortable. Our backs were hurting the next day from the beds. Rooms were clean for the most part. We were told that breakfast was from 6-9am, but when we went to eat at 7:45am, the hot breakfast (eggs, sausage, hashbrowns) were gone and when we asked if they would be restocked, the lady at the front desk said it would be very inconvenient to preheat the oven and cook more because by the time it would be done, breakfast time would be over. REALLY??? Yeah, that's what I said! Why advertise breakfast until 9am if you refuse to serve it til that time. We will not be staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MomofTynTrev
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 19, 2010

In center of city, convenient to restaurants and walking, the room was great w/sitting area and bar area, wonderful full breakfast

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
San Bernardino, CA
Reviewed November 19, 2010

I have stayed here on a couple of other occasions. The location is good if you like to watch local softball games or arrive via the airport (it's walking distance from both.)

This stay was acceptable, though not as good as other times. The room, while very clean, had a moldy smell to it. I could not pinpoint the source of the smell, but it was a deviation from the "squeaky clean" smell I have come to associate with Comfort Inn rooms. The room was relatively quiet, but like most budget hotels, you can hear people walking around on the floor above. TV was ok, standard boob tube with extended cable. Bed was comfortable. The breakfast was standard fare Comfort Inn, with eggs, sausage and waffles for those desiring a hot breakfast.

The fitness center needs some attention. The weight machine was ok, but the cardio equipment (treadmill and exercise bike) were not working. Pool was very clean but not heated; there is a hot jacuzzi and a sauna as well.

I'll probably stay here again, but I'll probably give some other hotels in the area a chance to serve me better after this stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business