“Judging by a spinach salad with grilled chicken to go..”
Review of Cafe 225

Cafe 225
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe 225 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 287 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Encina
Transit: Downtown Visalia has a trolley service making a scenic loop around the downtown district. It creates an opportunity to park and shop.
Los Angeles, California
“Judging by a spinach salad with grilled chicken to go..”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The spinach salad with grilled chicken, pomegranate seeds and dried cranberries was very good. It is a good thing that I asked for the honey-mustard dressing on the side for the amount of dressing provided would have drowned the salad.

I stopped by mid-week and the place was well occupied by a local crowd. I would not hesitate to return.

• Visited October 2013

Palm Springs, California
“Mediteranian Tostada is awesome.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

If you ever want your taste buds to explode try this dish. My friend and I were vacationing at the Sequoia National forest and had to go into town for supplies. Another camper told us about a couple of places here in town and since we were happy with the first suggestion we tried, we decided to go try this one too. I was impressed by the size of the portion. The salami was nonfatty and so flavorful. The dish could have fed two people. Service was great, atmosphere was a little loud. I would still come back again and order the same thing.

Visited October 2013
Gilze, The Netherlands
“Great food for a reasonable price”
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We just had dinner at the Cafe 225 and we experienced some good service and great food. We arrived a bit early to our reservation but this was absolutely no problem. The waitress took us to a nice table and we were immediately served a glas of nice cold water and some bread. From the menu we picked the mixed grill which was more then large enough for 2 as our waitor kindly informed us. After about 15 minutes he came back and offered us a cup of soup or a salad on the house because our dinner wasn't ready yet which we really appreciated. About 10 minutes later we got our ordered mixed grill and it was even better then we hoped for. The meat was nicely grilled and tender, the vegetables well cooked but not overcooked and the mashed potatoes not too salty. We really enjoyed our dinner here.

Visited October 2013
Visalia, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,216 helpful votes
“Blah..”
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

This is one of those places people go just for tradition and because they are just to their normal routine! The food is just average, the service is average, and even when I tried to like the food and service it just didn't do it for me. I do frequent many places and before people complain, I rate only food and service! And both were poor in this little cafe.

8 Thank MONTYHADES
San Dimas, California
“Great find in downtown Visalia”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in Three Rivers and decided to drive down to Visalia for a change in dining options and kinda just found Cafe 225. My hubby had the green chile gourmet burger, it was juicy and full of great flavor. I had the clams and mussels with spaghetti noddles, outstanding!! We really enjoyed our meal and felt it was resonably priced for the quality of the food. Cafe 225 is a solid choice in downtown Visalia.

Visited August 2013

Been to Cafe 225? Share your experiences!