“Best IPA around”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Went to have dinner after a long day down town. Short but good wine list. Probably the best IPA I have ever had, full, semi sweet with a full hoppy finish, not for the Budweiser crowd, only for the true beer drinker. Better half had their Flat iron steak, it was excellent. Very tender and flavorful. I had a Katlynn Salad, it was loaded with a very tender tri tip, bell peppers, crumbled blue cheese and fresh greens. Neat interior, lot of oak, brick and copper. Lower floor level has the brewing equipment and bar, upstairs is seating only with an outside balcony but we didn't check it out.
Definitely will be going back. Waiter checked on us often, busers kept water glasses full and removed done items expediently.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Food is good. Menu has many choices and I eat there twice in one week. Tried the steak and the BBQ Ranch burger, both were very good. The sequoia red and blonde were excellent. Only draw back was a lack of service. No interest to check back after you receive your food. Might have been an off night for them? Over all very good.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I admit, I am a bit of a microbrew snob, however, I am always looking for hidden gems, and I always love to try local microbrews. Unless you are a huge hop fan, this is not for you. When my favorite beer out of a sampler is the raspberry ale, that's saying something. Out of a generously poured 6 beer sampler (and 3 homemade sodas that I could have done without) 4 of the 6 beers tasted eerily the same. The blonde was an average, adequate blonde. The honey wheat was so hoppy (for a honey wheat) that I thought they had misplaced it with the Marzen, and had to laugh a bit later when a member of the wait staff also was confused when looking at some pours later as to which was which. Sequoia red, average. Smokey the beer - coulda been great, if not so hoppy. Raspberry ale - light, refreshing, very good. Will try again - but overall, disappointing for variety in a microbrew.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had rib-eye $23. It was tough and dry so I couldn't eat it. It came with a twice baked potato that was ok a plain bread roll and broccoli. The flat iron steaks that were ordered were tough also. The fish and chips were ok. Service not impressive. Atmosphere is cool. You need to be able climb stairs though.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I like their sandwich's there and my granddaughter likes the specialty soda's they make on site. Here is a tip for you, don't sit in the window seats, the vat they brew beer in is in service and unless you're looking for a steam bath with your meal, opt for the mezzanine or patio!

1  Thank W Greg R