“Valhalla - still wonderful after 29 years!”

Valhalla Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 294 Restaurants in Visalia
Reviewed January 24, 2012

I first ate at Valhalla just a few months after it opened in 1982, and have eaten there many times since. Even though I now live over a thousand miles away, I sometimes return to the area to visit family, and always include a breakfast at Valhalla. The staff at Valhalla set a high standard for tasty food served with sunny smiles. The "Valhalla Breakfast Special" is one of my favorites.

1  Thank Wombat2

Reviewed January 2, 2012

Great locally owned Danish restaurant open for breakfast and lunch only. You can't beat the Danish pancakes and ableskivers!

Reviewed November 3, 2011

One word: Aebleskivers (sp?). You need to check Valhalla's out if you are in town, or if you live in Visalia. I have two favorite items on their menu : Aebleskivers (pancake balls) and the french toast - try both of them. The restaurant has a nice quaint feel to it, and is VERY cheap. However, if you are looking for kind and accomodating service, this might not be the best place to go. The service is quite pretentious, and it's been that way since I started going here (around 8-9 years ago). Don't be surprised.

2  Thank jcasillas623
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Wonderful food, service and love the train room for the kids to play in. Never been disappointed!

Reviewed June 6, 2008

My family and I go to Valhalla almost every Saturday and the food and service never disappoint us! The atmosphere is very welcoming and homey. We love it!