“We love this place!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Pizano's Wood Fired Pizza
Ranked #6 of 277 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ca
“We love this place!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I am from New York and we have GREAT Pizza there! This place is equal to it! Best thing to that happened to Visalia restaurants! Good cakes also. A little slow on the wait but worth it!!! Well worth it!

Visited January 2013

Irvine, California
“Really good neapolitan style pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Really good neapolitan style pizza. Wood fired pizza oven came from Italy. I wish they would make neapolitan style garlic bread. Service is hit or miss depending on how busy they are. It is best to call ahead if you're on a time budget. Fresh dough daily.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Orange, California
“Cool wood-fired pizza pleasure.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We fell into Visalia and Tripadvised into this place after seeking better than Me & Eds pizza. We were glad we did. Salad was fresh and seemed hand cut, local and clean. I had the puttanesca and the mrs. A cheesy pie of her own. Great crust, well seasoned and balanced pizzas. The wait was a little long but worth the late night scene. Note to me pizano: our stateside desert palates demand extra sugary deserts: more lemon in the cake and more sweet in the carrot eh? Diners: until that message gets out we would suggest more pizza, less desert.

Los Angeles, California
“Good Service Average Pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

It's maybe one step above pizza hut. You walk up to place your offer but they bring the food to your table. The salad was large and pretty tasty and the pizza for ok for what it is. Probably slight pricier than it should be but it's quick and convenient.

Visited March 2013
Visalia
“Ranked #13 out of 74? R U Kidding?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Domino's, Me&Eds, Round Table, we've come to think of those as "Pizza". I then realized after my first visit, I've never tasted real pizza until I'd been to Pizano's. They offer a menu which includes salads, appetizers, drinks and the pizzas which they are more than happy to modify to your personal preference.

After more than a few visits, my personal favorite is "The Margherita" which is made from San Marzano Tomatoes & Sauce, Floir Di Latte Mozzarella, Fresh Basil, Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, Parmigiano Reggiano, & Sea Salt. On that, I have them add slices of Pepperoni which is the best Pepperoni ever. Every single person I've introduced to this pizza is astonished & flabbergasted. They suddenly look like Jody Foster in the movie Contact when she says, "I had no idea..." :-)

The atmosphere is very casual and their desserts are as spectacular as their pizzas. LJ manages the restaurant and does an outstanding job keeping things moving. Don't judge by the wait staff. If LJ isn't taking orders, I've often got the waiter who is in training and if I based my review on that, you might never know how sensational "real pizza" tastes. There is no better pizza in Tulare county.

• Visited January 2013