“One of the best!! Needs a remodel though” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #16 of 283 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Visalia
“One of the best!! Needs a remodel though”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I can honestly say there are only two great Italian restaurants in Visalia and this is one of them. The other is Little Italy. I love the Chicken Marsala here and the pizza. I'd really like to see them update the place though. Get rid of the tv up front, looks unprofessional to see employees watching the tube when you first walk in. Gives it a bad impression when you first step into the restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

ARCADIA, CA
“Solid Italian Fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

Having eaten in a number of restaurants for dinner in Visalia, I think that I can safely say that Rosa's has been the best Italian-style restaurant in the area. The food is Southern Italian, with all the traditional dishes served, and the sauces are also Southern Italian in style. Unlike a previous review, i did not find the sauces I tasted very acid, and i agree with another that they tasted as if they were made with fresh ingredients. Portions are generous, and the Cioppino that I ordered last night was very flavorful, filled with at least 5 different forms of shellfish and 3 different varieties of fish. The service was friendly, and ,as a nice bonus because it was a weekend night,I think, there was an excellent classical guitarist playing throughout dinner. Decor is not fancy but pleasant. I would highly recommend Rosa's if you are in Visalia and would like a very good Italian-style meal.

• Visited April 2013
Ca
“Not very Italian”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Red sauce is fresh out of a can, thick and acidy if there is such a word. Food does not have the Italian flare or flavor of any good Italian food I have had elsewhere. I have tried different dishes , only to experience more of the same,even when I asked for Rose sauce, it was still too thick , red and acid. Try using whole tomatoes crushed.

Visited January 2013
Bradley
“So-so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

We took our son and our granddaughter here for dinner. Our server was a little slow at the beginning of our meal but made up for it throughout the evening. I liked my tortellini and asked for a side of meatballs and found them to be just average and didn't finish them. The side of sausage that my husband ordered with his meal had a taste all of its own and I don't mean that in a good way. We each had a bite of it and wondered what it was so didn't finish it. It sounded as though the pizza we ordered was alright but I didn't try it and gave it to our son to take home. The decor isn't impressive at all and very dark. The bathroom wasn't clean and that's always a negative. I found it to be a little overpriced and I don't believe we'll be going back.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank K. B
Visalia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family tradition Italian Style!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a delightful, relaxing, delicious way to spend time in Visalia, California! Walk into Rosa's and you are part of their extended family. The service is friendly, you are never rushed from the table, and satisfied guests surround you. Food here is consistently delicious - prepared with fresh ingredients, using recipes passed down through generations of their Italian family. Taste the cioppino and you could be in Italy - or San Francisco. I personally love the chicken marsala. The marsala sauce is a perfect consistency, and has a deep flavor. A side of pasta comes with the meal, and you can taste that the alfredo sauce does not come out of a jar! I'm a totally satisfied local.

• Visited January 2013