New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“OK Place to Stay in Visalia” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Visalia
“OK Place to Stay in Visalia”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2008

I stayed here in March on my way to the Grand Sequoia Park. It is a nice hotel, very clean with upgraded linens, not the standard low-quality sheets. There was a fridge and microwave in the room which was nice for leftovers from my dinner. They had free high speed internet and it was nice to be able to check my email. There was a separate sitting area in the room with another TV. The breakfast was great, with a huge selection of food.

The front desk staff was friendly and let us check in early. A word of advice-ask to stay on the side of the hotel that faces Main St...you do NOT want to face the courtyard unless you are a very light sleeper. The courtyard of the hotel faces the backside of a brewpub that is very noisy. It is also right next to a city parking ramp that was also noisy. The whirlpool was also in this area (outside) and it looked...scary...there is really no other way to describe it.

I would stay here again if the price was right and I could get a room that does not face the courtyard.

• Liked — The nice linens on the beds
  • Disliked — The noise
  • Stayed March 2008
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
sacramento,CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2008

This was a great hotel to stay at if you are visiting Visalia for business. The location of the hotel is right behind the main downtown strip which gives you plenty of restaurants to choose from for dinner. The staff is friendly, the rooms are comfortable and large. The breakfast is excellent and they have a "managers meeting" on Wednesday nights with free drinks and starters, which is a definate plus!

Since my company only allows a $100 budget for rooms per night, I was able to stay here on all of my visits. I feel as if the rooms are as high of quality as such rooms I've stayed in at Embassy Suites, Marriots, and other large luxury hotels.

I plan on staying here when I visit in the future.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
Davis, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2007

We had no problems with noise since we requested a quiet room in the front of the hotel. Thanks Trip Advisor.

Room was clean, larger than expected and a good value at $92 plus tax. Location is downtown across the street from the convention center. Elevator was slow and crowded with guests attending a wedding across the street. Stairs were not air conditioned and too hot for comfort.

Room air conditioner was hard to adjust with the sitting area being much colder the bed area. I'm 5'10", but the chair was too low for me to use the desk comfortably. No swimming pool. We did not use the spa because it was located right next to the smoking area. Breakfast was so, so. Plenty of food, but not very tasty.

• Liked — Value, room size
  • Disliked — crowded slow elevator
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2007

If you are a light sleeper I would recommend asking for a room at the front - the rooms at the back face a multi storey car park that on a Sat night was like trying to sleep through a F1 Grand Prix. This was a shame as the hotel was clean, comfortable, centrally located and offered a decent breakfast.

Stayed February 2007
5 Thank SimoneLosAngeles
Williams, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2007

I recently attended a week long conference in Visalia. I was not too excited about spending a week in Visalia but was pleasantly surprised with my stay at the Comfort Suites. The CS is located in an ideal location - across the street from the Conference/Convention Center and easy walking distance to some of the areas best restaurants. The rooms at CS appeared new, were clean, fresh and very comfortable. The staff is very helpful with directions and dining suggestions. Breakfast includes an expanded continental type breakfast and the Managers Reception provides free beer/wine and hors d’oeuvres. My only complaint was that there were no sweat towels in the exercise room. I highly recommend Brewbakers, located a stones throw from the hotel lobby, for great pub food and brew. I hit happy hour 2 nights. One night I had the smoked sausage appetizer, a personal pizza and 2 pints of Pale Ale for about $20.00. Hope this helps those traveling to Visalia.

• Liked — Cleanliness of facilities
  • Disliked — No sweat towels in exercise room
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank meb6521
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2006

My family just stayed at this hotel prior to making the drive into Sequoia Natl Park. What a nice play to stay, the room was clean, ours had two queens and one pull out sofa queen bed. The bathroom was very large and clean. The hotel is dead downtown. You can walk (2 minutes) to the movie theater and you are very close to all types of eating places. What I found was odd but great, was the afternoon welcome drinks. Yes I mean drinks, beer and wine is free to hotel guest as well as your typical hot wings, cheese and various veggies with dip. This was all free...I was shocked but even though I do not drink it was nice to see the hotel does this for its guest. In the morning you get a free meal down in the lobby, which was not bad at all. Fruits, eggs, potatos, waffels, for the price , Free. it was great, I overheard other guest who were very happy to have such a good morning meal before driving into the park. I had booked two rooms, large family camping trip and would tell everyone to stay at the hotel. The price is good and the employees were very helpful with all the questions we had. The only downer for my family (kids) was there was no pool, there is a hot tub but with it being 105 outside the kids wanted a cold pool.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — No pool
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy the free meals and drinks!
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled with family
2 Thank blues911
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2006

My family and I stayed 4 nights in Visalia while visiting Sequoia and Kings Canyon National park. The hotel is located in the middle of downtown Visalia, which makes it convienient to dining and shopping. Front desk check in was courteous and gave us good suggestions for dining options within walking distance. Try the Canton restaruant a few blocks away...great chinese food!!
The hotel breakfast had a great selection: scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon and potatoes. You could also make your own waffles. There was also a selection of cereals, bagels, muffins and fresh fruit. The room set up was interesting,as you enter the room, there is a sitting area with a pullout queen sofa bed, the bathrooms in the middle, with a seperate vanity/sink area out side of the bathroom and a king size bed near the window. The only complaint was the AC was very loud, we needed earplugs to block out the sound. Also on the last night, there was a loud street concert right outside the hotel, ( we were on the 4th floor!) I called down to the front desk and they were trying to contact the local police to stop the music, it was past 11 pm. The music finally stopped around 12:30 pm.

To our surprise, Visalia has everything a "big"city would have. There is a Walmart down the street, a Target on the other side of town, and a Dodge dealership. This was helpful, when our car broke down on the 2nd day we were there. Unfortunately, we needed to wait until the last day to fix the car, the dealership was not open on the weekend. Lucky, the hotel was very understanding of our situation and allowed us to do a late check out (2:00 pm) on our last day so we could get our car fixed, and not have to worry about my 2 1/2 year old running around in the lobby.

Overall, a great visit and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2006