“I have stayed at this same motel a number of times. It is...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Visalia

Super 8 Visalia
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Visalia
HIDDEN VALLEY LAKE
“I have stayed at this same motel a number of times. It is...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have stayed at this same motel a number of times. It is adequate and for the price it's all I can expect. Only problem was I reserved a smoking room and when I checked in there were non available. I realize this was beyond the managements control because of stay-overs and smokers are not popular but maybe there should be more smoking rooms available

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Garden Grove, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

we wanted to save money and we did. This motel is not in new condition, but our room was clean, and smelled nice. We stayed 2 nights and had the continental breakfast included. We would definitely stay here again if we are in the area. The king sized bed was nice and firm. Overall, quiet although you are right next to a highway. I slept well and I'm a light sleeper.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Brecon, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on the 4th October 2012 for one night.
When booking we had requested a quiet ground King floor room, we booked on line through the Super 8 site as they offer a 10% discount for seniors.
The elderly gentleman who checked us in was efficient if somewhat pre-occupied. The room that he offered was on the ground floor but with twin queens, and it wasn't quiet either. The room above us had a "lively" child who was delighting in jumping on his floor between running constantly around the room. So bad was the insulation that I made a complaint to the aforsaid elderly gentleman, who phoned through my complaint to the occupants of the room above us. I feel that a visit would have been more professional. Poor noise insulation is a symptom of older properties and this one showed sign of poor maintenance for example one of the chairs was so rickerty as to be potentially dangerous and the room was very tired indeed. My wife used the guest laundry which although only amounting to one washer and one dryer, was efficient and well priced as any she has used this trip,
In keeping with this our worst Super 8 experience (The best being in Custer), the breakfast was small and poor,in fact the bearest minimum that could be called a breakfast.
The location, just off of the Interstate junction is the best point of this hotel, but in future we'd keep on driving.

Room Tip: If you can make the stairs, stay on the top floor.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is my go-to spot for my monthly accommodations when I pass by the area. I call ahead and always get a great rate. I only stay at other nearby hotels when the Super 8 is fully booked and I usually regret it. I get the most bang for my buck here. The rooms are clean, the staff is great, and the rates are perfect! I sleep like a baby when I'm here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

We tried to get a room in Sequoia or Kings Canyon park, or close to them, but had no luck. We chose this location because it was available. Dripping bathtub that left the tub slick; drug deals on the balcony; a/c that barely moved the air; minimalist continental breakfast; annoying motion sensor light switches. And did I mention criminal activity? Stay away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Visalia hotels