“Plreasant motel, not a holiday venue”

Fairfield Inn Visalia Sequoia
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Reviewed May 9, 2008

A Visalia resident recommend the Fairfield. I was there for golf and found the rooms clean and comfortable. Bed was OK (a little firm for my back) and room was well cleaned. The breaky was good, plenty of it and you made your own waffles (an experience). Two restaurants were opposite and a small supermarket next door. For a convenient location I found it great.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo

Reviewed August 8, 2007

We had a long drive from Orange county Calif. We stayed here. Clean room.Two Queens. Easy to find in the dark ,felt safe. Lots of families. Breakfast was all Carbs but Free and easy to get. Make your own waffle, coffee, juice, yogurt... Lots of road work going into Sequoia narrow road. not good in the dark.....Stay here and get a fresh start.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank kid_friendly40
Reviewed August 1, 2007

The rugs were being cleaned while there but we had them hold off on our room until the next day. The breakfast was terrible - all carbs. Beds were uncomfortable - hard - just seemed unorganized there that day. If this is a typical Fairfield Inn I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2007

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Visalia one night this February. The hotel is right by the Freeway on the outskirts of town, and there is not much of a view in either direction as it is pretty much situated in a parking lot with not a lot of landscaping. I guess that is why the pool is indoors! That said, I'm sure it is a convenient for travelers who are just passing through and don't expect to spend a lot of time at the hotel, which is kind of more of a motel.

My room was clean and comfortable, but small compared to rooms I've been in at, say, Courtyard Marriotts hotels. It had a view of the freeway. All of the facilities seemed to work just fine, including the wireless internet connection. The staff was very nice and helpful. The continental breakfast was above par (yogurt, waffles, oatmeal, fresh fruit, etc.) and the breakfast room was nice. I was happy about the drive-through espresso joint next door.

So, overall, it was an okay place to stay in transit--but not somewhere I would have spent a lot of time.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2007

We chose this hotel as a stopping point between Sacramento and Los Angeles. We were met with a friendly smile at check-in at 11pm. We were checked in within 2 minutes and on our way to our room. The room and bathroom were very clean and spacious. My only complaints were that the beds were a little saggy and the walls must be poorly constructed as we could hear EVERYTHING around us including the family next to us speaking in normal voice. No one was being rudely loud, it just wasn't a very insulated room. Breakfast in the morning was great with a good selection of cook-your-own waffles, fruit, juices and cereals. They also had some microwaveable type breakfast burritos. The breakfast room staff was also very friendly. I am a particularly light sleeper, so this hotel didn't work well for me. I do think it is good value for the price though. If you want a friendly clean place to stay this would be fine.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank KidsnMe
Reviewed July 17, 2006

One thing nice about staying at a good "chain" hotel is the consistency of its service. Fairfield Inn at Visalia upholds the high values of serving the business class travelers. All of the "techy" perks that a business person would want are available here. We only used the internet access, however. The staff was courteous and helpful, even providing a needed postage stamp. We had a standard room with 2 comfortable queen sized beds, hair dryer, coffee service and a great view of the city's Fourth of July fireworks. ;-) My 2 teenagers took advantage of the towels laid invitingly on the chairs around the indoor pool and hot tub. The deluxe hot breakfast consisted of hot and cold cereals, yogurt, bread items, muffins, microwaveable breakfast sandwiches, juices, fresh fruit, coffee and a machine to make your own fresh waffles. Yum! We would definitely recommend staying here.

3  Thank CTMom56
Reviewed June 26, 2006

We stayed here two nights as a launching point for Seqoia and Kings Canyon Nat. Parks, so we did not plan on being in the room much other than to sleep. The room was clean and the furnishings were newer than most places I've stayed at recently. The beds were not uncomfortable at all and the wireless internet worked perfectly fine. Free breakfast was much above average, since they included things like yogurt, fruit cups and real oatmeal in addition to the standard waffles and cereal. The only complaint I have is that our room was right next to the stairwell and you could hear noise from it well into the night.

• Stayed: May 2006