“Good Place”

Thai Basil
Ranked #19 of 290 Restaurants in Visalia
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We always get the pad see eu whenever we have thai. The pad see eu at Thai Basil was good but certainly not the best I've had. However, the place was packed within 15 minutes of them opening at 5 pm, so I'm thinking they have some EXCELLENT dishes that we just didn't order. I'd definitely eat there again if I was in Visalia, but I'd probably ask people at other tables for dish recommendations. By the way, the restaurant is a bit hard to find. It's small and way off the street (which isn't labeled at every intersection) in a parking lot sea of many shops both large and small, so don't give up if you're determined to get there.

There are newer reviews for Thai Basil

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Arrived at 7:20, ordered soup as starter and main courses at 7:30. The table next to us, that ordered the same time, got their food within less than 10 minutes. We asked whether the soup is going to be served soon. Were assured it would arrive very soon. Eventually, the people at the table next to us were finished and payed their check. Watcing several people at other tables arriving and ordering and getting their food, we complained again at 8, telling we are very hungry and waiting since half an hour for a simple soup. Again, we were told soup is on the way. Continued watching that everyone else got food, just not us, we told the service we're going to leave at 8:15. They didn't even try to give the feeling they care about it.
Many reviews tell the food should be great, and what we saw looked good, we would just have enjoyed to have a look at our food, not just at the other tables.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went here with co-workers. We sampled each other's dishes. Everything was fabulous. Service was timely. Very clean! Have never had Pad Thai that tasted so good. Fresh noodles, jumbo fresh shrimp, plump mussels, etc. Must stop here!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I had placed a to go order for some food. On our way there our dog got out and was hit by a car. We had to take him to an emergency vet. I received at least 50+ calls from the restaurant owner yelling and screaming at me wondering why I did not pick my order up. Even after explaining to him what happened he continued to cuss me out and demanded his 37 dollars. Don't you think my family had gone through enough. I will NEVER EVER eat here again. I will not recommend him to anyone. I am reporting him to BBB and I have the threats recorded and this man is absolutely insane.

1  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We didn't know the place or recommendations. We were hungry after a day at Sequoia Ntnl Park. After a quick look at the menu and the restaurant mood, we decided to stay.
The owner/manager was very helpful and kind suggesting the menu and combinations.
We tasted 4 dishes and all of them really delicious (Soup, Pineapple Shrimp Curry, Pork Spiced Fried Rice, Combined Noodles).
Service and food really good.

1  Thank Rafael B

Been to Thai Basil? Share your experiences!