“Outrageous Service”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
BHAM
“Outrageous Service”
Reviewed March 6, 2010

This Hotel is above and beyond with the Hampton Brand.... Hampton standards are awesome and this Hotel respects the Service standard above and beyond... The rooms and Suites are gorgeous, my family had both..... The stay could not have been any better and it started with Courtney at the front desk...Courtney cares and is probably one of the most hospitable employees I have had the pleasure of meeting. The General Manager is Hospital and caring and it is obvious he is very engaged in the expectation of his "First Greeters" to make you feel so welcome the minute you arrive. Cleanliness was a 10, product a 10, uniqueness was a 15.......again, i travel alot and have very high expectations and respect for a hospitable service focused enviroment...Courtney went above and beyond to accomodate my family at a very difficult time getting together for an unexpected funeral...She made us feel special but I observed and everyone is special at Hampton Inn SUites Visalia...Above and beyond ...

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Gayle-GeneralManager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Florissant, MO
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I recently completed a seven week business trip in the area and stayed the entire time at this hotel. This Hampton Inn is extremely clean with a quiet and comfortable setting at a very reasonable price. They served an excellent hot & cold breakfast every day. Plus there were great Otis Spunkmeyer cookies served every evening, but get them early before they run out. There is also a food pantry in the lobby with frozen meals and snacks that can be purchased and cooked in your room's microwave oven. This came in handy on those late nights after work when you don't want to go out for a big meal. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Visalia.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Salt Lake City
Reviewed January 22, 2010

I stayed at this hotel in October 2009. While I thought the five day stay was very pleasant, two days after returning home I was hospitalized with Legionnaires disease. I can only presume that I contracted the bacteria while staying at this hotel. I stayed right above the hot tub, which was on 24/7 and sending vapors in to my room. I believe this was the source of the bacteria. I am fulling recovered, but after 10 days in hospital and nearly dieing, I would reconsider where I stay in Visalia.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I'd recommend this place in a heartbeat!
As of Jan 2010, everything felt brand new or newly renovated. Even the smell of the room was new. Needless to say, everything was spotless and worked well.
I chose a King Study Suite. The bed was plush with sufficient space for me, my wife and 2 year old. The room (only 1 room, not separate rooms) was spacious and the carpet was thick and felt really classy. The room even had well thought out pictures hung on the walls which added a nice tasteful touch to things. The large LCD TV is centrally placed to be shared between the users of the King Bed and the sofabed.
Breakfast was nice, and the dining area was not crowded at all in winter. The exceptional thing with this hotel is that cookies were available round the clock.

The Wifi worked great and the speed was reasonable enough to watch YouTube.
The Reception staff was helpful and polite, though not as knowledgeable about the Sequoia National Park as I'd hoped. Still - that's not their job, so I'd say the lady who helped me really tried her best and went beyond the call of duty.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
San Diego
Reviewed January 2, 2010

The hotel and room was spotless. The check in smooth and professional, without being stiff. The front desk called and asked if we needed anything after we had been there a few hours. There were cookies and coffee/tea/hot chocolate at check in. Breakfast area/coffee area was a little sparse, but beautifully done.
Rooms: Flat panel TV with input jacks (I travel for business and often plug my computer into the TV for in room work meetings) Nice!
Large room with internet and work desk that did not interfere with TV or beds.
Lighting a little dim for my taste.
Mini-Fridge and Microwave. Perfect!
Our room faced the freeway-not a bit of noise got in.
Excellent hotel and staff.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Northeast Alabama
Reviewed December 31, 2009

As volunteer tour directors for a group in Alabama, we look for economical hotels with good reviews. We found both in Hampton Inn Visalia. The general manager seemed to always be available when we needed him. He has a well-trained gracious staff. We stayed here on the 6th and 7th nights of our 14-day trip. We were most pleased with the hotel we chose for our visit to King's Canyon and Sequoia National Parks. The 45 other travelers and our bus driver also had high praise for the spacious, well-appointed rooms and amenities.

• Stayed September 2009
Los Angeles
Reviewed December 29, 2009

A better place to stay in Visalia cannot be found! Take my word for it - I have stayed at nearly every other place to lodge in Visalia and the Hampton Inn is by far the best. The staff, from the front desk to houseleeping, is friendly and extremely accomodating. The rooms are well appointed and clean, with comfortable beds and pillows. It is located near shopping, restaurants, and extremely fuel, close to Highway 198. They serve a lovely breakfast each morning with hot and cold foods, pastries, juices and coffee. (And be on the lookout for warm cookies each afternoon!) There is a fitness center, pool and spa that are always immaculate. I am very particular about the places I stay, and I can tell you without reservation to call this well-run establishment next time you need to stay in or near Visalia!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business