“Very new and well decorated”

Hampton Inn Visalia
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Reviewed January 10, 2010

I'd recommend this place in a heartbeat!
As of Jan 2010, everything felt brand new or newly renovated. Even the smell of the room was new. Needless to say, everything was spotless and worked well.
I chose a King Study Suite. The bed was plush with sufficient space for me, my wife and 2 year old. The room (only 1 room, not separate rooms) was spacious and the carpet was thick and felt really classy. The room even had well thought out pictures hung on the walls which added a nice tasteful touch to things. The large LCD TV is centrally placed to be shared between the users of the King Bed and the sofabed.
Breakfast was nice, and the dining area was not crowded at all in winter. The exceptional thing with this hotel is that cookies were available round the clock.

The Wifi worked great and the speed was reasonable enough to watch YouTube.
The Reception staff was helpful and polite, though not as knowledgeable about the Sequoia National Park as I'd hoped. Still - that's not their job, so I'd say the lady who helped me really tried her best and went beyond the call of duty.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed January 2, 2010

The hotel and room was spotless. The check in smooth and professional, without being stiff. The front desk called and asked if we needed anything after we had been there a few hours. There were cookies and coffee/tea/hot chocolate at check in. Breakfast area/coffee area was a little sparse, but beautifully done.
Rooms: Flat panel TV with input jacks (I travel for business and often plug my computer into the TV for in room work meetings) Nice!
Large room with internet and work desk that did not interfere with TV or beds.
Lighting a little dim for my taste.
Mini-Fridge and Microwave. Perfect!
Our room faced the freeway-not a bit of noise got in.
Excellent hotel and staff.

Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 31, 2009

As volunteer tour directors for a group in Alabama, we look for economical hotels with good reviews. We found both in Hampton Inn Visalia. The general manager seemed to always be available when we needed him. He has a well-trained gracious staff. We stayed here on the 6th and 7th nights of our 14-day trip. We were most pleased with the hotel we chose for our visit to King's Canyon and Sequoia National Parks. The 45 other travelers and our bus driver also had high praise for the spacious, well-appointed rooms and amenities.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed December 29, 2009

A better place to stay in Visalia cannot be found! Take my word for it - I have stayed at nearly every other place to lodge in Visalia and the Hampton Inn is by far the best. The staff, from the front desk to houseleeping, is friendly and extremely accomodating. The rooms are well appointed and clean, with comfortable beds and pillows. It is located near shopping, restaurants, and extremely fuel, close to Highway 198. They serve a lovely breakfast each morning with hot and cold foods, pastries, juices and coffee. (And be on the lookout for warm cookies each afternoon!) There is a fitness center, pool and spa that are always immaculate. I am very particular about the places I stay, and I can tell you without reservation to call this well-run establishment next time you need to stay in or near Visalia!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2009

I stayed at this new Hampton Inn for 9 nights during a recent business trip. I have never written a review before however I felt compelled to do so because of the overall excellence of this hotel. All employees are friendly and extremely helpful. The rooms are clean and quiet. Whatever grounds that are not paved are covered with a colorful assortment of flowering plants and shrubs. The hotel has all the amenities that you expect at a Hampton Inn including a pool and hot tub The rates are reasonable. I would stay at this hotel again. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank nomoreuniquenames
Reviewed December 2, 2009

This is a nice hotel at a reasonable rate. The rooms were clean and the beds Hampton quality comfortable. Check in and out was professional and fast - the breakfast had a good assortment and the breakfast area itself was very comfortable and spacious, lending itself to early morning business. The location was easy to get in and out out of and having stayed in the Visalia area on a number of occasions, I would recommend this hotel as one of the best.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2009

My mother and I stayed at the Visalia Hampton Inn recently and visiting the Sequoia National Forest. The hotel was easy to find, and the staff were freindly and helpful. The room was bright and fresh, and we enjoyed all the amenities including a hot breakfast and fresh coffee any time of day. We stayed at the Visalia Hampton Inn for convenience, but we will return because of the staff!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family