“Nice, new hotel in Visalia”

Hampton Inn Visalia
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
San Francisco, California
“Nice, new hotel in Visalia”
Reviewed May 19, 2009

This hotel is newer, so it has nicer amenities than other Hampton Inns. Nice design, fresh upkeep, very comfortable rooms with great beds, large flat screen TV, microwave, fridge, in-room coffee as well as 24-7 free coffee in the lobby, large bathroom with huge glassed-in shower. No more dark bathtubs. It is surrounded by some lower-end hotels like Super 8 so I was afraid I'd put myself in an old part of town with some old property that Hilton decided to buy and miserably attempt to improve on. I've been in that situation before, and felt a twinge of regret. But super nice place, my fears were soon put to rest after entering the property.

Staff was friendly and had it together.

I was a little surprised at the sub-par breakfast, however. Pretty unappetizing and under--stocked. Some powdered salty watery eggs and one corn tortilla. Yes, one lone tortilla under the lid of the hotburner, petrified by time and heat. That was it for the hot items. Biscuits, danishes, fruit, yogurt, the usual otherwise. But having been to other places with meats, waffles, etc, I was underwhelmed. Not a deal-breaker, but because everything else is first-rate, the breakfast is a little bit of a letdown after high expectations. Not like anyone stays at these places as destination dining, but it is nice to be pleasantly surprised when you encounter a breakfast that is pleasantly edible.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Washington, DC
Reviewed December 31, 2008

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Visalia for one night in late December, as a stopover for a trip to Sequoia Nat'l Park. The hotel just opened a month or so earlier. This is a slightly nicer hotel than other Hampton Inn's. They gave me a nice quiet and clean room with a comfortable bed and large bathroom, and the staff was most eager to please--that was especially true of the night security and customer service staffer (Ron?). I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank McGee_7
La Palma, California
Reviewed November 28, 2008

Okay, so I came into town for an engagement party. My family member suggested the Hampton Inn, but I didn't see it listed it on
tripadvisor. She told me it just opened and I could probably get a
good deal. I went to the brand website and booked my room with ease.

When I arrived I saw the 'now open' sign and it looked very well kept and new. The room was great, it had a good color scheme and the bed felt very comfortable like mine at home. I didn't use the microwave and refridgerator, but I guess it's nice to know it was available. The staff was friendly and cordial and they printed me directions to where I had to go. Some of my other friends in town spent about 25 dollar more for a room than I did because they didn't know this hotel was here. Overall a very good stay and I recommend staying here.

1 Thank KAT507