“Helpful Staff”

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
El Cajon, California
“Helpful Staff”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed one night on our way home from Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks. The staff at the desk was very friendly and helpful and had us checked in in no time. There was a list of restaurants within walking distance at the desk, which made our dinner choice easy. The breakfast was easily the best of any hotel I've stayed at. Lots of choices. Our room was large and clean. My wife and I both felt the bed was overly hard and neither one of us slept well. There also seemed to be noises coming from somewhere. It didn't seem to be from our hallway, although some of the noises were foot steps. I would recommend this Hampton Inn and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Beautiful hotel. Very nice guest services. Great fitness room. About 40 minutes from Sequoia National park. Easy access to the Interstate system. Nice local restaurants-a great authentic comida Mexicana el restaurante just a couple of blocks away. I would definitely recommend this Hampton Inn without hesitation.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Rolled in after midnight following several night of camping in Kings Canyon. Daniel was cheerful and quick to get us settled in to a clean/quiet room. We slept in and nearly missed the complimentary breakfast which was much better than the standard freebie continental, but the kind staff let us slip in and enjoy a leisurely breakfast. Excellent service and fresh, clean accomodations. We would certainly stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Jarrettsville, Maryland
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Orginally planned to stay two nights, but because of my plans changed, I was able to change my vist at check in with no problems. Great place with or without children! Nice pool and several great places to eat in the neighbor. Room very clean and the surrounding are quiet.i Would stay here again and you can not go wrong

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
paris
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I recently stayed 2 nights at the Hampton Inn Visalia and I now see why it is rated #1 in all hotels in Visalia. The hotel was easy to find, the check in was a breeze, and the service was friendly.
The room was well appointed and clean... if you have ever stayed in a Hampton Inn, you know what to expect - crisp white linen and comfortable furnishings. The bathroom was also spacious.
I am writing this review primarily because of the friendly service - both at breakfast by the woman who worked there both mornings we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (5/17 & 5/18). She went above and beyond and it was clear she enjoyed her job. She was efficient and very engaging with the guests.. making sure all items were well stocked, while having a smile on her face. Also, the front desk employees were very service-oriented.
For this reason, we will definitely stay here again on our next trip to the Visalia area.
If you are here during this time of year, DEFINITELY stop at the farmer's stands along the highways... delicious strawberries right now!

Room Tip: Rooms are equipped with a fridge and microwave!
Parkville, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed here on business this past week and found the hotel was very clean and safe. The front desk staff was very helpful during my late night check in. I would stay here again and recommend for other travelers. It was a quick drive from Fresno airport and close to my workplace in Hanford.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Visalia, United States
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The hotel was great. Pretty clean and very comfortable. I noticed some cobwebs under the bathroom sink, but other than that the room was great and very clean. There were two desk chairs so we could both sit down at the same time. The bed was incredibly comfortable; no sinking in the middle or lumpy mattress. However, I was pretty shocked at the number of TV channels that offered really violent and X-rated movies. We didn't have any kids with us, and if we did I would have really been afraid to leave them in the room alone for fear of what they would have watched without adult supervision. It was great having a refrigerator and microwave. The showerhead was great and the water pressure was even better. I would definitely return to this property. I would not, however, make the reservation through this booking agent. I was charged $21 for making the res! I would have much rather made the res directly with the front desk staff. No wonder they won't post the hotel's phone number! I did not know I was going to be charged this stupid fee until after I made the reservation. Not cool!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Visalia
Wyndham Visalia
Lamp Liter Inn
Lamp Liter Inn
#4 of 14 in Visalia
Best Western Exeter Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Visalia? Share your experiences!