WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Visalia
Weldon, United States
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

My family likes to travel and we stay in a lot of hotels. I LOVED this hotel and wished that I could have stayed longer than the one night. We will be traveling back to the Visalia area more frequently in the next two years and this will be my hotel of choice. AWESOME breakfast items and morning room!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Woodland Park, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

they always meet my expectations. stayed there several times. I stay at Hampton Inn's often in my travels and there is always a high standard maintained in customer service. They go that extra step to make sure one is supported for the needs of a business traveler.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank halwtom
Redmond, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this Hampton Inn when we visited Sequoia National Park. The hotel is located on the route to the southern entrance to the park. The hotel was very nice. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. The exercie room has good and well maintained exercise equipment. Rooms are clean and fresh smelling. Good breakfast buffet in the morning.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DeWayne S
Tustin, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

I was expecting mid/low-range accommodations and was pleasantly surprised. The front desk/lobby area was classy and the atmosphere nice. The room was great - a comfy bed, a laptop tray and a fridge. The bathroom had a great shower and nice toiletries. The only weird thing was the coffee maker and accessories were kept in the bathroom.
The free breakfast is well worth it. Typically a free breakfast is some stale muffins and bad coffee - not here! There was a waffle press, designer coffee, various juices and fruit, and little premade omelettes.
My only disappointment was that I left something behind, and several hours later, when I was granted access to the room to retrieve it, it was gone.. and not in lost and found. Oh well, thank goodness it wasn't an heirloom or expensive.

Room Tip: Is not located close to downtown
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lizdwhiz
Levis, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stopped there on our way to Sequoia National Park. Room was huge and very clean.

This is a good hotel for a one night stay before visiting Sequoia National Park.

Fare was reasonable.

I will go back at this Hampton Inn if I return to Visalia one day.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Julie C
Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband always stays at Hamptons when he travels for work, so when we needed a place to stay for one night near Sequoia National Park, we chose this Hampton. While it's a perfectly acceptable option, we were disappointed by how it compared with other Hamptons we've stayed in. The good things about this Hampton were that it looks absolutely brand new, is spotlessly clean, and is conveniently located right off of Highway 198. However, we had several problems here. First of all, we were able to hear a good bit of road noise in our room despite the fact that we ran the a/c and a sound conditioner we brought with us all night long. We needed to do some laundry while we were there, and we had a few problems with that, too. First of all the front desk had no change for the laundry room, and there is no change machine in the hotel. So we had to buy stuff we didn't want from the vending machines in order to get change to do our laundry. And to top it off, the laundry room was so hot that it made you feel sick to be in it for even a minute. The door could not be propped open, which is good for making sure nobody steals your laundry, but the stifling hot temperature in the room was just about unbearable. I have no idea why the room was so hot since nobody was using the laundry except for us, but it was unbelievably hot in there. Also, the front desk attendant was nice and well-intentioned, but not terribly helpful. First of all, she couldn't give us change for laundry. Then when we asked for restaurant recommendations, she handed us a photocopied list. When we pressed her for more advice, such as was it worth the drive into town to go to one of the local places or should we just eat at some chain place on the highway, she seemed as though we'd just asked her the hardest question she'd ever heard. (Her answer was that most people seemed to just go to one of the chain places nearby. This despite my research on the internet suggesting that Visalia had a nice downtown that was worth visiting, but now I'll never know.) The beds in the room were also the least comfortable we'd slept in on our long trip. The mattresses were uncomfortable, and the pillows were flimsy and cheap. My husband, who stays at all those Hamptons for work, was particularly adamant that I not give this hotel more than a 3/5 review because of his insistence that it was so far below what he normally expects from a Hampton. If I'm ever there again, I'll try the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Try to get a room further from the highway to avoid road noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GeorgiaJaneite
Leesburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Vacationing with my best friend, we stayed in 7 different hotels during our trip. All (but one) were very nice - clean, comfortable, quiet - but this one was our FAVORITE. Everything was perfect - CLEAN, very comfortable (great beds/pillows!), the staff was friendly (and fun), they have snacks available for late night... perfect. The free breakfast was THE BEST EVER! MORE variety than any other free breakfast we've ever had. Better quality, spotlessly clean area, FULLY stocked with everything! Bravo! I wish we could have spent more nights here!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends