“One of the better experiences”

Hampton Inn Visalia
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hampton Inn's are what they are and the experience is usually pretty standard. Had to write about this one though. Very, very good customer service, even called my room to make sure the room was up to my expectations, a very nice touch. I also really liked and appreciated the fact that they left a note in the room to let me know that the duvet cover was freshly laundered. A very nice touch as well!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Came here for business. Found everything clean and comfortable. Furniture was new and in great condition. They met all of my request. I love the microwave and fridge in the room. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Upper floor not facing the highway.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We arrived hours before check-in and the hotel was booked up. Not to worry though, Lora let us check our luggage, grab some coffee and fruit for our son and we were off. We ran really really late gettin back to the hotel, way past check-in time. I called the hotel and Marlissa was oh so helpful, told us not to worry and that our room is ready and our bags had been taking up to the room. By the time we returned it was late, we arrived and Marlissa was helpful in getting us our keys. The room was nice, 3rd floor, clean and comfy. There was even a welcome snack basket, nice to feel spoiled. Thanks Lora!! Next morning was breakfast... a serious breakfast, not just toast. We made sausage crossiants, waffles w/fruit on top and delicious oatmeal. The atmosphere was pleasant and relaxing. We don't get up north that often, but if we do, we are staying there. The breakfast in it self is savings. $100 for a room, is really $70 bucks, cause you and your family save the money with the free, better than McDonalds breakfast. Overall, great location, great staff, great rooms. I just wish it was warmer, the pool area looked real nice. Hats off to the staff, Lora and Marlissa thanks for making our stay so great.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was nice, king rooms with sofa beds are large.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank katherine f
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Nice rooms with comfy beds, good complimentary breakfast but double glazing would be nicer even though it's still ok to have a good night sleep. The location is nice to go to Sequoia Park but I think Oakhurst is a nicer and bigger location as a starting point to Sequoia park (you can take the 41)

Room Tip: Ask a room opposite of the street
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I love this hotel chain and have stayed here before a couple of years ago on business. The only thing I had an issue with was to make sure if you like a high floor to call ahead and make sure first because I travel all the time and at every Hampton Inn they know to put me on the highest floor because of noise. I also put it on my reservations too but this time they didn't do that and stated that I didn't specify that on my reservation. Now as a Hilton Honors members (which they did not acknowledge me as), I can honestly say that throughout all of my many travels NEVER ONCE has any Hampton Inn ever placed me on a lower floor until this time. They said the high floor was full and basically I got put below a very noisy gentlemen. They did compensate me with extra points which was fine but I would've rather had no noise above me especially since I drove 4 hours to get there and had to work in Porterville (approx 30 miles away) the next morning. Other than that the hotel was pretty darn good in every way. Also, I love the breakfast, the fresh baked cookies and lemonade (nice touch), and that gym.

Room Tip: Get the highest floor possible (4th Floor) if you don't like people walking above you and lettin...
1  Thank Joi C
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We were in Selma for a family funeral service and stayed at the Visalia Hampton Inn. The individual at the front desk greeted us warmly in spite of our late arrival. She placed us in our preferred room location and gave us a few amenities to welcome us as Hilton Honors members. I was pleasantly surprised by the similarity to other Hilton hotels such as Homewoods suites. The breakfast area and food were similar as good in quality. Overall, this is a great Hilton property in this rural area south of Fresno.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the ice machine and elevator are always quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is an average Hampton Inn, convenient location, straightforward breakfast and good internet. We did have some issues with the gym, only a third of the equipment actually worked. There was also some issue with the HVAC units, couldn't easily regulate them but eventually resolved.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the highway, the design of the highway creates lots of road noise.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family