“Great location”
Review of Lamp Liter Inn

Lamp Liter Inn
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Great location, rooms were big. Also very clean & neat. Older tv but we weren't there to watch tv. Great restaurants near by. Not to mention there was a restaurant on premises. Would surely stay again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed April 15, 2014

I had a tire problem hours after i used price line to book this hotel, the staff at lamp litter fixed me up for the next day. They didn't have to do that at all. happy with our stay, this place is a well up kept lush green community. I would stay here again because it's clean, cozy, and the people took care of me in a crisis.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Rooms were clean and updated but not expensive, beautiful pool and seating area. There was no continental breakfast but there is a restaurant or McDonalds a couple of blocks away. Staff was very friendly and lots of parking. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed March 24, 2014

We enjoyed staying at the Lamp Lighter for three nights for a a professional conference in Visalia, but our room was pretty sad. When we checked in the very nice woman at the front desk kept fretting that she couldn't put us "way back there" and she looked in vain for another room. Our room 'way back there' was not out of the way, but it was bit sad and rough around the edges. Our two 'queen' beds were full beds and very uncomfortable and broken down. The room was musty smelling. There was no bathtub and the hair dryer fried out the first time I tried to use it. The TV was a tiny (19-20 inches?) 1980s throwback. Friends staying at the same hotel got much nicer rooms though, so I think it was just a result of the incredibly busy weekend that included the conference and a wedding next door. I would still recommend to a friend with the caveat to insist on one of the good rooms.

Room Tip: Insist on one of the nice rooms. Apparently, it is the far back row of rooms that is not well-mainta...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

When I booked the room I did not realize that it was actually a large compound of a hotel, we thought it was a smaller place. The garden area is gorgeous surrounding the large outdoor pool area. The hotel is a little dated but it was relatively quiet even though the freeway is right there. But for those of you a heads up..it is situated on a one way street so if you dont take the right exit you find yourself wandering around in residential areas to find your way from the backside. Something that the hotel website should post is the exit to take to get there. It would have been most helpful! And no I dont remember the exit number either!

Room Tip: our room was around the back of the lobby area but the sound of the freeway sort of reverberated...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BabycakesHD
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here based on other reviews and they were not incorrect. The Lamp Liter room was large, clean, comfortable and even had a few extras. kudos on the hot cocoa in addition to the tea and coffee provided in the room and I was thankful that a shower cap was provided. The rates were good and even though I did not try the restaurant it seemed to be doing a good bit of business from locals on the next morning when I checked out. Staff were pleasant and check-in and out were a breeze. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The lampliter Inn is a large property that I recently stayed in. It was built as a two story motel some years ago. ( maybe the 50s) The gardens are well maintained and really beautiful. There is a very large pool not usually seen in motel settings. There is a nice coffee shop on site. The room was clean and looked to have recently been painted, the furniture and carpet were dated but adequate. I found the bed comfortable. The heating or cooling system I did not understand there is a dial on the wall for high med and low but no temp dial. I did not know if I turned it on if I would get heat or cool. As it was the days were mild and I did not use. I was close to the office (202) so the road noise from the freeway was pretty loud. I would recommend asking for a room more to the back if this is an issue for you. The staff was business like but I would not say friendly. The cafe staff however was very friendly, the food was good mostly home made average prices, casual atmosphere.

Room Tip: Suggest downstairs room more to the back of property if freeway noise will bother you.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business