“nice place”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Fallbrook, California
“nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2012

As most of the other posts about the Lamp Liter Inn state, its an older property. That being said, apart from a hard bed the hotel was a nice place to stay for an overniter. The desk staff were extremely helpful, the room clean, they let us check in early because our room was ready early and well no other complaints. The Grill had a pretty great burger cooked exactly as requested and the bartenders were pretty pleasant and helpful with information about the surrounding area. They also mixed a great marguerita. Their stock of beer is conservative but they have a good choice of single malts. The property overall was nicely maintained and the garden and pool area lovely. The people who work here are just plain nice. We will probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view, if you don't want to carry stuff up stairs ask for ground floor. The res...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Momca

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Burbank, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

I was only person at desk and started to ask questions about area and clerk brushed me off, saying, "I have a large group coming in soon and I can't take time to answer any of your questions right now."
Then the old fashioned locks on doors were difficult to open; no regulated heat or in room furnance. The room gets very hot and then you have to get up and turn off the switch to let room cool. TV is very old with faded picture color. Carpet looks and feels old. Pillows felt like rubber. Obviously, no updating has been done for years. Grounds are nice. Coffee shop breakfast food pretty tasteless. Bill was $75.00...don't know what that is supposed to get you in these days. At 1:00 AM people stood outside my door talking loudly..not the fault of motel, but disturbed my sleep. Wifi weak and kept disconecting.

Tehachapi, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is a very well maintained large older motel. The grounds are extensive and very well groomed. The rooms are clean and the staff friendly. The banquet facilities are excellent
and the food is good. I have attended a conference here six years running and have never
been disappointed.

Bakersfield, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

We love coming here and look forward to each time we go, even our dog Winchester enjoys it. The people that work there are very nice and friendly, if they are not there when we check in they make it a point to come and find winchester and say hi and he loves seeing Ms. Kourtney that works in the office. The food has always been wonderful and the place is always clean and beautiful. We would not stay anywhere else when in this area. There is even a large area for your pets to play and get some outside time. The most important thing to me is how a place treats my baby Winchester our dog) and the lamp liter has always treated him like one of us family.

Room Tip: All the different rooms we have stayed in over the years have been very nice always clean and fresh...
1 Thank Cynthia B
Long Beach, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed at the Lamp Liter Inn a couple of weeks ago on a business trip after reading the reviews here. It came down to the #1 rated hotel and the #2 rated hotel (the Lamp Liter) and we choose the Lamp Liter for two reasons. 1) it looked from the maps that the Lamp Liter would have better parking facilities for larger vehicles 2) with the economy in bad shape and small businesses struggling, we felt that patronizing a small, independent business instead of a large corporate chain was the way we wanted to spend our dollars.

The rooms are in need of updating, but the beds were certainly comfortable and everything was impeccably clean. The front desk staff was perfectly professional and welcoming. The grounds are fabulous, as other reviewers have noted. Do ask for one of the rooms with a "Garden view". The ones on the ground floor right near the garden areas made us happy travelers.

There are larger suite-cottages but they don't seem to be listed on the website or on any of the booking services. (Lamp Liter Inn management, if you are reading this..you REALLY need a newer and better website.)

There is no continental breakfast here but there is a restaurant on property that serves very good food, the portions are enormous so you can easily split many of the meals. The free WiFi worked fine, although the signal strength was not fabulous even though I was barely 25' away from the lobby. My only complain was that my room featured a shower only and no sit-down tub, which if I'd known that I'd have asked for a room with a tub.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms with a Garden View. Also make sure your room has a tub if that's important to you...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2011

I had a very enjoyable visit to the Lamp Liter Inn. My room on the ground floor was perfect for me and my little dog. The room was clean and comfortable and there was a coffee pot. The landscaping of the grounds was very well attended and looked pretty. If the weather was warmer I would have enjoyed the pool. There was a cafe for breakfast and I could walk there from my room in a minute. I was perfectly happy for two days. I appreciate that the Lamp Liter Inn is a dog friendly hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Sierra Madre, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

My son looked up this motel - hotel on google search when I was on my way to Visalia, CA.
Older construction well kept (Very Clean) Lots of large Vehicle Parking with Great service and
Restaurant food is top notch for family to adults, with many amenities. Great Value

Room Tip: The Queen size beds are great. Restaurant is great for family with separate bar area for adults. F...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business