“Pleasant stay!”
Review of Lamp Liter Inn

Lamp Liter Inn
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Another great stay at the Lamp Liter Inn! We come here a couple of times each year. Beautiful grounds, quiet and very clean rooms, pleasant staff. We travel with our dog and he is always welcome here. I just love seeing the morning room crew walking around with their clipboards. They really care about their establishment. There is a very nice banquet at the Inn on Thanksgiving Day with all the trimmings. Great parking, easy freeway access, close to Downtown Main Street shopping, theaters, dining, and cool antique shops. Although I don't personally use the pool much, it is a beautiful centerpiece in the garden. There is a coffee shop on the property.

Room Tip: For a little more space, reserve one of the two cottages in the center of the garden grounds. For a...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linda l

Reviewed November 26, 2011

Room was clean and fairly spacious. My only negative comment has to do with the bathroom wall receptacle. When I shaved, I had to hold the plug with one hand. I like the fact it has easy access to Hwy 198 and Hwy 99. Would consider staying there again. We were in room 210.

Room Tip: If you have limited mobility choose a ground floor unit
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We've stayed at this facility quite a few times over the years and have always found it to be comfortable, clean and convenient.
It's an older property - we've been coming here for 40 years or so! - but is always in good repair. The rooms could use a little updating, and the desk clerk told me that new managment will be working on the rooms. They're more than adequate as they are now...always clean and comfortable. (Our TV was a bit on the "elderly side" and not very good in the areas of color and focus, but not a problem for us.)
The grounds are the real draw for this location. Beautiful gardens with a variety of trees, plants and grassy areas. There is a walking trail just behind the hotel - along a creek. Not picture-perfect scenery-wise, but a fine place for a little exercise and fresh air.
The pool is very large and well maintained. Clean and clear.
We did not eat at the on-site restaurant, but have found it to be pretty good in the past. Standard coffee shop fare at a reasonable price.
We've attended a number of events here. Class reunions, etc. The meeting and banquet rooms are large, and the service has been excellent.
The hotel is just a short drive from the Sierras with easy access to several major national parks - Sequoia, Mineral King, etc.
We'll definitely be back when we're in the Visalia area of the great San Joaquin Valley of Central California.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a "garden view". A very pleasant way to wake up. There are also...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank WBrecheen
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I'm going to agree with everyone who says the Lamp Liter is a wonderful place. The staff is courteous, the gardens beautiful. They host a lot of family reunions & wedding receptions. Built in the 60's, it is sparkling clean and quiet, even tho it is next to a busy through-town freeway. We got a room by the pool for a couple of nights while visiting family in the area. Comfortable beds & they even still use fitted sheets! The restaurant is a charming vision of coffe shops from the past, clean with good food and service. It's not brand new, so don't expect whirlpool tubs & granite, but for the money I couldn't have been happier. Will definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The lower level rooms by the pool allow you to easily access the grounds.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank FullMoon417
Reviewed October 9, 2011

value for money, clean and most comfortable place to stay. If you want to smoke just go outside your door where there is a seat and ashtray, and leaves your room smoke free. very useful.

Room Tip: ground level is best
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rogica
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I came to stay on a Sunday night .I come on business often .Monday morning I came in and the restaurant sevice was really bad .I had a older lady with red hair wait on me .It took 20 minutes before she got to my table and there was only 2 people in the restaurant .she was rude when taking order .I will never stay in hotel again .she never came back to bring me coffee she was to busy talking to staff joking and laughing I thought the customer comes first .and I was a good paying
customer the night shifts when I stay there are great I have been staying for years in hotel off and on and had this problem with that lady and her service .my company will be going else where .

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We spent an evening in Visalia at the Lamp Liter and enjoyed its location, friendly staff and beautifully kept grounds. It is an older property that is nicely kept. The plumbing in our room looked freshly remodeled. We couldn't have asked for a nicer room. Our rate was $69 + tax coming out to a few pennies over $75. As we were checking out, we found out that for $75 + tax we could have had a microwave, fridge and king sized bed instead of two queens. Although the fridge would have been nice, we really didn't need it, even for the small $6 upgrade. WiFi worked just fine.

The property backs on the Mill Creek trail, and it is a nice amble. Visalia was really warm, so the short walk (wouldn't call it a hike) along the entire stretch of the trail was just right.

We'll stay at the Lamp Liter again, given the chance.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple