“Exceptional Value; Charming Landscaped Grounds”
Review of Lamp Liter Inn

Lamp Liter Inn
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Visalia
Branson, Missouri
“Exceptional Value; Charming Landscaped Grounds”
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I'm going to agree with everyone who says the Lamp Liter is a wonderful place. The staff is courteous, the gardens beautiful. They host a lot of family reunions & wedding receptions. Built in the 60's, it is sparkling clean and quiet, even tho it is next to a busy through-town freeway. We got a room by the pool for a couple of nights while visiting family in the area. Comfortable beds & they even still use fitted sheets! The restaurant is a charming vision of coffe shops from the past, clean with good food and service. It's not brand new, so don't expect whirlpool tubs & granite, but for the money I couldn't have been happier. Will definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The lower level rooms by the pool allow you to easily access the grounds.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank FullMoon417

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
north yorshire
Reviewed October 9, 2011

value for money, clean and most comfortable place to stay. If you want to smoke just go outside your door where there is a seat and ashtray, and leaves your room smoke free. very useful.

Room Tip: ground level is best
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rogica
Sacramento, California
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I came to stay on a Sunday night .I come on business often .Monday morning I came in and the restaurant sevice was really bad .I had a older lady with red hair wait on me .It took 20 minutes before she got to my table and there was only 2 people in the restaurant .she was rude when taking order .I will never stay in hotel again .she never came back to bring me coffee she was to busy talking to staff joking and laughing I thought the customer comes first .and I was a good paying
customer the night shifts when I stay there are great I have been staying for years in hotel off and on and had this problem with that lady and her service .my company will be going else where .

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
rdwarriorcal
Reviewed September 30, 2011

We spent an evening in Visalia at the Lamp Liter and enjoyed its location, friendly staff and beautifully kept grounds. It is an older property that is nicely kept. The plumbing in our room looked freshly remodeled. We couldn't have asked for a nicer room. Our rate was $69 + tax coming out to a few pennies over $75. As we were checking out, we found out that for $75 + tax we could have had a microwave, fridge and king sized bed instead of two queens. Although the fridge would have been nice, we really didn't need it, even for the small $6 upgrade. WiFi worked just fine.

The property backs on the Mill Creek trail, and it is a nice amble. Visalia was really warm, so the short walk (wouldn't call it a hike) along the entire stretch of the trail was just right.

We'll stay at the Lamp Liter again, given the chance.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rdwarriorcal
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I've got to thank everyone from the front desk to the cleaning staff for making our 2011 Ayala/Gonzales Family Reunion another success! You are very accomadating for all of our needs and your Banquet facilities had an amazing and delicious dinner for us as usual. I Think your Inn has become as much apart of our reunion as anything else. Looking forward to seeing you in 3 years, until then your future guest will enjoy your clean rooms and low prices. A special thanks goes out to Richie Frausto who was very helpful to our family, but I think may have been adopted into our family over our Labor Day weekend Reunion. That's how nice and helpful the staff is to us and their guests. I hope you have recovered from our visit, so rest up and get ready for us in 2014!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank coreyq53
New York
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Stayed here in Aug... great grounds...great stafff....great prices.... very clean, quiet . ..highly recommended ... we will be back !!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank phwagz
Reviewed September 16, 2011

This was by far the best motel on our three weeks trip. The place is very nice, a nice green a garden, a nice pool and the rooms were very clean. We headed to Sequoia National Park and the receptionist gave us a lot of insider tips for the park. The staff overall was very polite and helpful. Including taxes we paid 75$ for a double queen size room, which is quite fair!

• Stayed September 2011