“Horrible service. Way overpriced. Drive a bit and any place is better.”

Rockwell's Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Villa Park
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
“Horrible service. Way overpriced. Drive a bit and any place is better.”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

SERIOUSLY horrible. Gave it too many chances when it opened. Service was constantly bad. The food was OK and then bad. Not consistant. Was overcharged everytime. The owners have no service experience at all and don't seem to care. Myself and several friends did the same and all of us have not been back and NEVER will. Try "the catch' by the stadium.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Mazin F

Newport Beach, California
“I dont care how good the cake is”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I was charge 4 times on my credit card for a cake I didnt order. I waited on week after calling the General Manager Jamie several times and faxing him letters to call me. I ordered a princes cake and they gave me a movie star cake that was damage. I had no choice but to take it cause the party was in 5 minutes. That night I check my bank card to find out the charge me 400 dollars for a cake by the time the manager Jamie called me I already had dispute the charges and this guy Jamie is such a low life blameing me. What a dork why would you back up your staff that made a mistake and cost you a customer. That was my first time at the backery and my last until they fire Jamie. Till today I still havent got all my money back and he told me I should go to a backery Im comforable with in my own area. I ask him what he means by that he said I know. He said go to a pandera thats were my people go. I told him Im Puerto Rican you dork Im not Mexican which dosent make a difference weather I was Mexican. The point is that he is puting down a race of people which is not cool at all.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank mrlopezjohn
Tustin
“Rockwell's is new again”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Now open for dinner, Rockwell's has a wonderful menu. The chicken cordon-bleu with Dijon sauce was delicious. I am going back soon to have one of their entree salads. My only disappointment was that the wait staff was very indifferent. Did not refill water or beverage glasses. When we asked about dessert, after check had already been left on the table, the server replied fudge cake or carrot cake was available. On our way out we saw all the delicious cookies and pastries in the bakery display case. We would have liked to have tried something special.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank CathyO22
Rancho Mirage, California
“Looked promising...but”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited Rockwell Bakery upon a recommendation from a freind. The bakery was open late (actually the bar side of it) but even the bakery side was open to ten PM. We tried several of the cookies and pastries and were terribly disappointed none of the offerings were anything more that I might expect at a super market. The only reason to come here would be for a late night snack albeit of avaerage quality.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Capt_Tom
Villa Park, California, United States
“Our little city jewel.”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Neighborhood favorite. New owners with a bar and expansion well in progress. It is exciting to have a new version of an old favorite.

Visited October 2012