“Friendly staff, Many options!!”

Green Tree Inn & Extended Stay Suites
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
San Francisco
“Friendly staff, Many options!!”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I stayed here on the very last night of my Route 66 road trip from Chicago to L.A. I had first planned to spend the night in Barstow, but when I got there I decided I didn't want to spend Friday night there. Arriving in Victorville on Route 66 was very depressing. I started looking for a good place for the night, and the search was looking very hopeless.

Then, right before getting to the Interstate, I spot the Quality Inn and drive up to the front desk. Not only did they have rooms available, but the very nice cashier gave me a large suite at a discounted price. She really didn't have to do that, and I ended up having a awesome room for the night!! The Free Breakfast that comes with the room was nothing to write home about, but it was free - and I was glad to have a nice place to stay in Victorville before driving home to L.A.

All in all, a great way to spend my last night on the road!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank paulhogarth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 26, 2011

First off the town of Victorville has limited hotel options and the quality inn (now green tree) was our only option due to sold out hotels. I'm sure the place was very nice in the 70's, but it has surpassed its hayday and is in desperate need of renovations. Both of the suites had mold in the bathroom, a disgusting amount I might add. The room next to mine had a boarded up window (wonder what happened) and upon walking in my bathroom aside from the mold I found someone else's trash in the can. Nice touch! Flaking paint on the walls and primer touchup made this place primed and ready to be in the next horror movie. The hotel bar is closed due to renovations, and the bar across the street was closed as well due to a recent murder. The staff was friendly.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Falcondriver20

Travelers are raving about these Victorville hotels

Hampshire, UK
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed here for one night (unfortunately) on route to Las Vegas. We were a party of 4 couples and wanted something decent and clean and found this hotel by accident after declining a rathe shabby and run down Days Inn motel about a mile away. The receception staff were very courteous and friendly and we were able to check in early, and we got a good rate!

The rooms were spacious, clean, nicely decorated and well equipped with everything we needed. We had a king bed, sofa, desk and chair, plus a table and 2 dining chairs for eating on, fridge, tea & coffee making facilities and a good size bathroom. The rooms were probably some of the nicest among the motel/budget hotels we stayed in during our two week stay in California.

We were told we could use the golf club facilities next door so went there for lunch and again for a superb dinner, During the afternoon the men played a round a golf and the ladies stayed by the pool. The pool area and grounds were well looked after and no signs of litter.

The inclusive hot breakfast the next morning was served in the diner and was perfectly adequate with a selection of foods and plenty of coffee.

Overall, a lovely hotel but due to it's location I don't think it gets a lot of passing trade, which is a shame.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank mjacobsbros
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 3, 2010

I stopped here June 12 on my way from Flagstaff to Lake Arrowhead. I got at third-floor non-smoking one-bedroom suite overlooking the golf course for a very good rate. The living room was very large, and the kitchenette was well-equipped with stove, frig, micro, full sink, and pots, pans, etc. The jacuzzi tub was huge, and the king-size bed was very comfortable. Excellent wi-fi reception. Breakfast was served in the on-site restaurant - the waitress was rude, but the hot breakfast was excellent and I just ignored the waitress. I definitely would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank trishlh
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Yes the decor is out dated and the Hotel was the place to stay in its day . This was my second visit and all was good. They added breakfast (in the adjoining dinner). Staff was friendly and as I said no issues.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank RobGeorgia
Santa Paula, California
Reviewed March 20, 2010

I have stayed here in the past, mostly in the 1990's when it was a Best Western hotel. Same hotel, same rooms, same views—but I will not stay here again.

There are some good things: the rooms are large and contain all the items they should contain; and the service on the night of our stay was excellent. Plus, my wife and I do like their time-warp diner—it is reminiscent of the best things of diners in the 1950's. Good food and sassy waitresses who have been at their job for many years. Plus, breakfast (selected items only) is complementary with the rooms. This is a good deal because the breakfast is far superior to the standard "free" motel breakfast at other places.

The downside. Our first room reeked of cigarette smoke—though it was ostensibly a non-smoking room. Our second room was adjacent to a room where the occupants had already (at 5 pm) downed several bottles of beer, kept their door open and talked quite loudly. Our third room was a suite. It was very large ( large rooms) and very quiet. We were finally satisfied. Luckily there were plenty of vacancies. The front-desk throughout all of this did a commendable job trying to satisfy us.

However, the furniture in this room was old and marred, one TV did not work and the walls were pitted. It looked like the Comfort Inn people bought the hotel from the BW people and then spent zero on up-grades since then. Shabby is the word that comes to mind. For all three rooms.

Nice location on the golf course. But, if we ever stay in Victorville again it will be elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lobo59
Tampa
Reviewed August 8, 2009

The hotel is a bit older, but it was still a pretty decent deal for the price. We had a room facing the parking lot, and when we arrived it was pretty hot in the room, and while we had the A/C on the whole time it took very long to get cool, and never got really super cold in the room. Overall not much to say here, an older hotel which was clean, just about average. Only issue with this was the A/C was not that super cold, but it was average overall.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business