“Poor Management”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
Temecula, California
“Poor Management”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My son and I are traveling to the area for a soccer tournament. I went onto Kayak and found this hotel. They offer 3 queen beds in a room. I called the hotel to inquire as to exactly what the 3rd bed was. The employee stated it was in fact three queen beds. I asked her how much to book the room and she stated $99 plus tax. I booked the room with her. Approximately 30 minutes later a man who identified himself as the manager/Mike stated they could not honor the rate as it was incorrect. I stated that since they already booked me they should honor the quoted rate. The manager stated he would not but would book it at $114 plus tax. Again I stated they should honor the quoted rated. Mike the manager would not. I stated that I could book this on Kayak at $109 plus tax. Mike stated that I should go there but would not promise that booking through that site would insure I would get that type of room. I went back to Kayak and the booking rate changed to $199. Coincidence? I don’t think so. Mike became extremely rude and stated that had I asked nicer he might have booked the room at $99. I don’t know what kind of operation is run here but I would definitely stay away from this establishment.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CharlesSantoro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Korean first
Arcadia, California
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Maybe some odd things were going on during my stay. First: was called early afternoon of my expected arrival - to make sure I was still coming (OK - but odd), but then told to either bring enough cash to pay for my visit or my ATM card to use their ATM Machine (they would refund fees) as their Credit Card processing was not working. Arrived at hotel, and now the machine was working (but I had brought cash and wanted to use it - no problem) and the very friendly check in rep told me they were now 'sold out' because they had been 'bombed' by Expedia and Travelocity reservations. Made me wonder if I had paid too much, but OK. Had a King Suite that had the king bed in a separate bedroom. Nice dressing area and sink - someone had tried to make this area look really nice with fancy mirror and upscale minimalist cabinet and sink - but then it was mostly ruined by really sloppy cut outs, mis matched piping - substandard finish work. Closet had real wood hangers - nice. Nice sized bathroom which looked totally like a La Quinta Inn - down to the soap, shampoos, shower curtain, etc. Not a bad thing - maybe the hotel used to be a La Quinta? In the living room there was a TV on the wall, and an info card indicating lots of available channels - except they weren't. Only 7 over the air local channels. In the bed room, although there was an area in front of the bed clearly designed for a chest of drawers and another TV to watch from bed, there was just an empty space. No TV in the bedroom. No chest of drawers in the bedroom. Both were in the living room - but sure would have appreciated having both in the bedroom as well. I used the rear stairs once to go in and out, but the carpeting, especially on the bottom 2 landings/stairs was filthy. Stuck to the elevator after that. Breakfast was good. No problem with check out. With some attention to detail, this could be a GREAT property. For now, it's a good value, but in my opinion lacking in some basic amenities that would make staying there MUCH more comfortable.

Room Tip: Lots of restaurants nearby. Also a nice full fridge (with freezer) included in kitchen area - so if...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
BUELLTON
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I love staying at this hotel when traveling to Arizona, it is always clean and welcoming, they make you feel right at home! ALL staff treat you like family and we always look forward to our next stay! Highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise but any room you choose, you will be happy with!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PAM I
Mystic, Connecticut
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The service was extremly friendly and welcoming and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I was looking forward to turning in for the night and had the best night sleep after a long and exhausting day. It was a perfect location and very afordable... Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Elaine R
San Diego, California
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I and my wife stayed at the hotel on way back form Las Vegas. We had a wonderful stay. My room was very nice and the complimentary breakfast was great. Front desk was extremely helpful! Would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay in Victorville

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Rakesh S
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My stay was great. When I first walked into the room I surprised with how nice it was. The complimentary breakfast was amazing and front desk was extremely helpful! I would definitely stay here again and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay!

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank Kylielynns
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My experience at this hotel was excellent! The staff is extremely friendly and very helpful. The breakfast and managers reception provided good food, allowing us to save a lot of money during our stay. We will be staying here in the future and I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a great hotel experience in Victorville.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Rachel S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victorville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
#4 of 19 in Victorville
Motel 6 Hesperia
Motel 6 Hesperia
#7 of 9 in Hesperia

Been to Hotel Extended Studio? Share your experiences!