“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
Haymarket, Virginia
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Based on the reviews here, I took a chance on the Hotel Extended Studio since I wanted a suite and none of the major chain hotels had what I what I was looking for.

Three of us shared a two bedroom suite. There are two beds in in one bedroom, and one in the other.

Rooms are clean, beds are comfortable and staff is friendly.

The breakfast has a good variety - waffle maker, eggs of some sort varying daily, bacon or Canadian bacon, fruit, yogurt, danishes, English muffins and bagels. I found the pastries to be pretty average and got a dried out English muffin a couple of times, so I only rate the food as 4 out of 5. On the other hand, the coffee is quite good.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank alex r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Korean first
Hesperia, California
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have had to stay in various extended stay hotels for work. This one is very nice for the price. Not as fancy as Residence Inn but much cheaper. Friendly young staff. My room was rather noisy on the freeway side, so try to get the other side. There is no valet, so elderly and handicapped have to fend for themselves. Breakfast ends at nine, even on weekends, so eat fast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank anastunya
st.louis, mo
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Exercise equipments were non functional and when asked will they be repaired I was told "No"..
Hotel clerks were not very helpful. Room was ok. Needed a room with kitchen facility which it has. I picked this hotel because it was close my work place. On picture it looked good enough but the service could have been better. Clerks did not care. Don't have many perks for the price it should have more than what rooms had.

Room Tip: Don't always believe what it shows on the picture. Remember they are for selling advertisement.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank krishnasaha
San Diego, California
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I decided to take a trip to Apple Valley where there is not much of anything, I opted to stay in this hotel as the photos looked nice online. I called to confirm with Expedia the photos would be the same as the room I booked, they could not confirm. I was very pleased when I arived, we were greated quickly and checked in, our room was exactly what was listed on their web-site. Small kitchen, table chairs, cozy living room and a nice big bedroom and bathroom. The price was a steal, the decor was great, room was clean...could not have asked for a better place. Def. will stay here again should my travels take me up North.

Room Tip: Restaurant and Room service were not rated as I did not utilize these features of the hotel, however...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Rebekah B
West Hartford, CT
Reviewed December 20, 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. The 2-bedroom suites were a great deal through Hotels.com. Our kids enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. Breakfast leaves much to be desired, but it is free, and you're sure to find something there you'll like. The memory foam mattresses were great, and having a kitchenette meant we could make meals our kids would eat.

I have to take away one star because they didn't have the non-smoking room we'd reserved in advance through hotels.com. The clerk and manager both tried to tell us we had to take what was available because of the rate we'd received, and since all non-smoking rooms had been taken, they tried to put us in a smoking room. To their credit, after we objected for 10 minutes and showed our reservation that clearly indicated we'd reserved a non-smoking room, they called Hotels.com and confirmed they were required to give us a non-smoking room.

From that point on, they went out of their way to make things right. We wound up spending 1 night at the Comfort Suites next door, then spent our remaining 3 nights here. They couldn't entirely fix their mistake, but they certainly did their best, and for that we say "Thank you."

Room Tip: Like any hotel, avoid the first floor if possible. We didn't have any problems, but the signs in...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank CT_Alison
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed December 19, 2011

We stayed here for three days to visit family. The facilities are spotless and very comfortable. The room was large and had everything we needed. The bed was super comfortable. Most of all, the staff was excellent, especially Mark and Manuel. They went out of their way to make certain we had our needs met. We definitely plan to stay here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Bobandnan
Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed March 23, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for almost two months. We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the hotel and friendliness of the staff. The laundry room had several washers and dryers making it easy to take care of our clothing. (Some guests need to empty the machines they use in a more timely manner). The location of the hotel was a plus as it allowed my wife to walk to restaurants and the Victorville Mall while I was at work. Unlike the Hilton Garden Inn we had a free hot breakfast here. I recommend the Extended Studio Hotel for a short or extended stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business