“Average hotel...but owner is nice!”

Travel Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
Dallas
“Average hotel...but owner is nice!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The property is average, but the owners are very nice and actually saved us some money. The room and the office were decorated in East Indian style which makes it seem different from other chains and almost exotic. There is a little gazebo in the front where we had a soda and enjoyed the evening breeze.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Ventura, California
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The staff was very courteous and friendly when I called to reserve a room. Unfortunately, due to a constantly shifting work schedule, I had to cancel the reservation the day that I was supposed to check in. The staff was very friendly and understanding and worked with me to resolve the cancellation with no additional fees. Great customer service. Thank you. Rincon Consultants, Inc.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My family and I took a road trip not too long ago from New York to California. We've stopped plenty of times during the route for lodging and found ourselves running out of the hotels! When we stopped to lodge at Travel Inn and Suites however, we were SOO happy with our stay, we decided to stay another night! The neighborhood was great as was the service and the beautifully furnished rooms. We were especially intrigued with the deliciously hearty breakfast they served. The best part – my wife and kids wouldn’t stop praising me for choosing Travel Inn. Definitely coming back the next time I travel the West Coast!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I recently drove down with my husband to Victorville, CA for a good friend’s wedding. Her house was way too crowded so I found a great rate at Travel Inn and Suites. The rooms were elegantly lavished, given an antique touch (my favorite!) and the decor positively exceeded our expectations. Travel Inn and Suites most definitely contributed to one of the best vacations we've had in a very long time!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dayton, NV
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I'll start with the only positive - the room was clean. The mattress was completely worn out. All of the fixtures and furniture were old and distressed. The television was virtually unviewable and the clock/radio did not work. They had a coffee maker, but did not provide coffee or sugar and creamer. The neighborhood was "sketchy" at best, with considerable traffic noise. The "breakfast" was old donuts from the Winchell's across the street, coffee that was at least a day old, and some cereals and fruit. Cheap rate, terrible facility.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim C
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Booked the place from Expedia for a recent summer trip to CA. For this price & location I found this place really great. The room was tidy with clean sheets and smelling good. Had no problems going to sleep only to wake up for a really delightful strong coffee and pastries.. yes I don't seem to get over those delicious fresh pastries and the coffee. I am a coffee lover but I don't like coffee in motels but this one was totally amazing.

Don't miss the continental breakfast when you stay here. Book in advance and take a non-smoking room if you are not a smoker. The staff is polite and very cooperative and I think they really care about their customers, I did not have a problem getting hold of them when I needed service. I will look forward to staying here in my next trip, I got to make sure I book in advance for good deals. You will love the place!

Room Tip: Book in advance for good deals on the pricing.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed at the Victorville Travel Inn and Suites after a long haul flight as a stop on our way to Las Vegas. We had booked our room through Expedia and our reservation included breakfast. At check in we were told that breakfast would not be provided as they had not ordered it for us, which was followed by extensive complaints from the staff that Expedia do not pay them enough for their rooms. All I can say to that is don't list your rooms with Expedia if you don't like the admin fees! We found the check in staff to be exceptionally rude and unprofessional.

On reaching our "non smoking" room, we found it stank of smoke.

We later received a call to our room saying that they would not be able to provide breakfast to us as " the air conditioning was broken in the breakfast room and that they were unable to serve breakfast in the heat". At this point we could no longer be bothered. Whatever the correct story was, it appeared that we were not going to get breakfast.

Victorville Travel Inn & Suites, we were very disappointed with our stay, your rude staff and inability to hold up your end of the bargain. We do not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Scot_Kiwi12
gmtravelinn, Manager at Travel Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Hello Dear Tripadvisor members the guest is upset becaue they had 6 adults and 4 children and were trying to fit them in a room. ON the expedia reservation they only put one adult and that is what they paid for. So therefore any guest must pay the extra few. Also due to fire and safety code we couldn't allow that many people to sleep on the floor. They need to get two rooms. When I told them about this they left and were upset. However rules are rules and this is on survellience video.

Sara Gm