“Up all night”

Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have stayed here a few times in the past and this is my final time. If you are a HHonors member (I'm Diamond), I would strongly suggest ditching loyalty when passing through Victorville and Hesperia and going with Marriott instead.

My reasons:

1. Noise. Walls are very thin here. Someone could be watching TV at a reasonable level and you hear everything. The competing property doesn't have this issue - it's almost always quiet. The other times I have stayed here there were not too many guests so I didn't encounter this red flag.

2. Price. For the AAA rate, you're overpaying by about $30 staying here over Marriott.

3. Smoking. This property has smoking rooms, the other one doesn't. As a result, the other property smells cleaner.

4. Beds. HGI uses the air chamber variety that I have a love/hate relationship with. If they are new, they work great. Over time, the chambers fail and sag. This property falls into the latter category. See a recent other review pointing this out.

5. Internet. Here you get 1.5 mbps tops for download. At the other property I clocked 6 mbps consistently.

The final straw was when I stayed last weekend. It was so noisy I didn't get to sleep until 3 am. Every time I stay here the room selection is lacking although they have about the same number of cars in the parking lot. Marriott always gives me a top tier room although I'm only Silver status in their program. Finally, I asked for a later checkout ... 30 minutes would have been okay to finish the troubleshooting I was doing for my client online. It was denied.

Overall this property is pretty good but there are severe issues that emerge over multiple stays and there are much better alternatives a few exits away.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank medicinewizard
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Victorville

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I came to this Garden Inn in Victorville to set up for an event in nearby Apple Valley and knew that I would be wore out from the day of setting up for the event. It was wonderful to be able to shower off the dust from the day, relax in a comfortable air conditioned room that did not smell like stale cigarettes and prepare for the next day by getting a very peaceful nights sleep. Staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Enjoyed our stay food was great, and we loved the fresh cookies daily. Meeting room was very quite,and the staff was accommodating. We will stay again on next trip to Victorville, CA. Tell all our friends about how wonderful this property is.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Thank Rev. Billy B
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Staff is wonderful. Hotel is clean, fresh. Staff seems to care about customers and premises. Lots of people were enjoying the pool, but I didn't get out there. The breakfast was REALLY REALLY good. I've eaten in countless hotel restaurants, even very high end dining, and the omelet here was the best yet!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We made a mad-dash from Sonoma County to Victorville to deliver wine. After 8 hours of driving we arrived at the hotel in the middle of the night. We were immediately buzzed in and given a room very close to the lobby. It was large, clean and the beds were COMFORTABLE! The bedding was also in fantastic (newish) condition and luxurious. The breakfast in the morning was tasty and we'd recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We recently took a road trip on route 66 and used Victorville as our base. The Hilton Garden Inn was clean, the staff freindly and our room was very nice. The breakfast we had Sunday morning was terrific! The made-to-order breakfast was delicious. Also, next door is a miniature golf, arcade type place that looked fun. If we weren't doin' the road trip and needed to get an early start we might have played a round of putt-putt golf.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I booked oour two rooms on this hotels web site. At first I was given the wrong type of room,then once given the correct room the air adjustable matteress went flat on one side. Maintance was called and I was told there was nothing they could do forcing my wife to use a matress my son brought with him.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Doug C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victorville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
#3 of 19 in Victorville
Green Tree Inn & Extended Stay Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hesperia Victorville
Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Victorville? Share your experiences!