“Nice Stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Victorville
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Victorville
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Recently (October 22-23) stopped here for a business trip. I got the room on the interstate side. The noise was bearable if you're tired. Not sure if it was me being picky, but the bed seem a little more firm than normal. The room was clean, but attention to detail you could tell where the housekeeping missed a few crumbs from previous guests. Overall the amenities in the room was very appreciative.

Breakfast (decent price) was delicious. The staff serving breakfast were very, very friendly and courteous. Would highly recommend this hotel if you're traveling through Victorville.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I needed a place to spend a night during my California vacation and Victorville was close at hand which meant that the HGI was as well. I've stayed there before and it always found it very reliable. It was the same this time. A friendly greeting, quick check-in and a clean comfortable room were what I expected and what I received. It looks like I'll be in Victorville for business again next year for several days and look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have stayed at this property a few times in the past. It is likely the best place to stay in Victorville. The hotel itself is clean, the common areas are spacious and welcoming and the rooms are nice. Overall, a great place to stay if you are in the area. However ...

I have read the review by Stevied888 from 2009 and as a diamond member as well, I do have to agree with some of his comments about service. For those of us who spend a handful of days at home and the rest on business or personal travel at hotels, it's easy to separate out the top-level hotels in terms of service from those that just don't get it. The staff here is definitely not rude, in fact very pleasant, just comes across as inexperienced and inconsistent compared to properties in other cities. I have also experienced the same thing here about staff not reading the online profile and ignoring breakfast vs. points options and room preferences, which is never an issue at other Hilton properties. As Steve pointed out, I also experienced some highway noise and asked to be moved. Apparently there were no other king rooms facing south available, which is somewhat odd considering the parking lot was somewhat empty, but giving the benefit of a doubt. I was offered ear plugs though. The good news is when I inspected the window, it wasn't latched correctly, so that explained the extra noise. Having fixed the issue, the panes did a reasonable job of keeping the room quiet. However ...

In the morning after 10:00 am, I heard housekeeping knocking on the door. The "do not disturb" tag was clearly on the door.

I did eat in the dining area and the breakfast made to order was excellent although the dinner somewhat bland, but it may have been choice of the dish. The staff was friendly as well.

The main competitor to this property is a Marriott. I have stayed there as well and found it to be enjoyable. In terms of the service level, the best Hilton Garden Inn I have stayed at is the Del Mar property in La Jolla, CA, arguably the best Hilton I have ever stayed at. The staff there is a cut above hotels charging three times the price. They are doing something right and would advise any hotel to give the management there a call to see if they would be willing to share their service strategy, which for the most part is just common sense.

On a side note, I rated sleep quality average due to the beds that HGI properties use. Technically you should be able to adjust the dial to soft or firm but I have never found the beds comfortable, unlike for example, the beds the Doubletree brand uses.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing south if one is available.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Josie S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Victorville, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate you being such a loyal guest and are very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service with us. The problems you mentioned with the level of customer service across many teams have been addressed. We regret that you didn’t receive the levels of service you’ve come to know from our brand and we hope you will give us another chance if you return to the area.

Warmest Regards,

Josie Serafin

Reviewed September 26, 2012

The facility is good, clean with well-equipped rooms, in a good location. This was our third stay at this hotel and there was a drop-off in service over weekends, it would appear to us. We asked twice for extra towels and were told when they were finally delivered that the clerk on duty dropped the ball and that there was no housekeeping available on Friday afternoons.

The dining rom was another matter. Our waitress was engrossed in talking to the cook and was neglectful in taking our order. We asked for roast chicken with gravy, per the menu, and it arrived without gravy. We were told that most people do not want gravy - we were never asked for our preference. We asked for Cabernet but were told there was none available because of a special event being held elsewhere in the hotel. We had to settle for something else.

To the hotel's credit, we received a phone call in our room from the room clerk, apologizing and asking if there was anything they could do to make up for our inconveniences. Shortly after that, a member of management showed up at our door with a very nice fruit platter by way of a further apology which was gratefully accepted.

Would we stay at the hotel again? Probably.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lightpackers
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Front desk staff Day and Becca were very warm and welcoming. Day helped to accommodate me as much as he could. From the warm welcome, warm cookie and warm breakfast, i felt as familiar as could be at a brand that is a home away from home. I may have to leave a porchlight on, because I'm looking forwar to returning.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank qjohnson18
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

This property is a cookie-cutter Garden Inn, but in this case sameness is a good thing. Our double queen-bedded room was clean, and the relatively unobtrusive air conditioning and the adjustable beds provided a comfortable night of sleep. Include a courteous group of employees--from the Front Desk to mainenance staff--and the third "C" was met and exceeded. Some carpeting and wallpaper in the public areas of the hotel are showing signs of wear, and we would have welcomed a slightly larger room with space for a sofa/sitting area; but we left with an overall positive impression of this iteration of the Hilton Garden Inn chain.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank MHSuiGeneris
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I worked in Victorville for one year and stayed in this hotel many times. It is in a good and safe location. Staff at the front desk were always pleasant and friendly. Most people that stay here are business people...I saw very few families. The rooms are fine, clean, modern furniture, with free Internet access. I never experienced any problems. Breakfast is okay. Service is good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Angelica S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Victorville
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Victorville
#3 of 19 in Victorville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hesperia Victorville
Green Tree Inn & Extended Stay Suites
Holiday inn Express & Suites Hesperia

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Victorville? Share your experiences!